585,752 active members*
3,811 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New machine and software solution

Last year I invented a machining process and wrote the software that allows me to take code that cuts with the bottom of a cutter, and use the side of the cutter instead. Thereby dramatically increasing the life of the tool, reduce tool stress and deflection and improve the quality of the cut.

Now I have taken that one step further and can cut deep undercuts and and drill precisely angled holes while keeping my stock flat on the table. This is a hardware and software solution.

Essentially I have turned my 3 axis into a machine that can do the equivalent of a 5+ axis machine. In fact, the setup is superior to some machine configurations because the spindle mounting is more rigid than a spindle out on the end of a robotic arm.

I wish I had time to pursue this tech and fully develop it myself. Unfortunately I can't. If someone would like to team up and build a business, there is a huge market for a low cost 5 axis capability with large machining envelope. BTW, mine is 5ft x 10 ft. and I can easily get deep, complex shaped undercuts on at least 4.5 x 9.5 ft of that envelope. This same solution can be applied to a small desktop machine as well. The innovation is the capability to created undercuts and off angle holes while not re-positioning or jigging your material. Seeking someone equally adept at taking new products to market.

I am not open to sharing without vetting and an NDA in place, so let's not waste each others time unless your serious about creating something significant. You can start vetting me at; https://www.linkedin.com/in/shanemckennaartist/

Re: New machine and software solution

I’m in no position to team up so all I can say is lots of luck.