584,817 active members*
5,015 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > OLD Bijur Mist Lubricator Issues/Parts/Literature/Manual

OLD Bijur Mist Lubricator Issues/Parts/Literature/Manual

Hi peeps,
    So I haven't run the VMC 40 in a while (2-3 months) and I went to the garage this weekend to change out the coolant and run the axis and spindle to relubricate the ways and bearings. The issue I experienced is the oil for the Mist Lubricator is not flowing (drips in the sight glass) as they did before. It is getting pressure and there is oil in the reservior. It was pretty cold (~25-30 degrees) in the garage at the time and for the past week or so (polar vortex...yea that) in Maryland. Not sure if the cold weather would cause the oiler to contract enough to stop it from working or the oil too viscous to flow or what. It probably needs to be rebuilt/refreshed as I don't know if maintainance on the oier was ever performed by the previous owner.

Besides the oil flow issue, there is no literature for an oiler this old. However, it does seem like the design probably has not changed very much over the decades. The only thing that seems to have been changed is the reservior. This is the current version (http://www.bijurdelimon.com/fileadmi...ator_DS-R4.pdf). I will send an email to Bijur to see if the parts are interchangable.

Lastly, I took the solenoid piece off the top of the oiler and come to find out, the solenoid isnt actually connected to anything. Is this correct??? The only thing I can think of is it is used as a pressure switch when the coil (part #2 on the above PDF) is activated. But that sort of doesnt make sense because one should just use a pressure switch not a solenoid, right? I don't know.

Thanks for anyone that has insight into this. Thanks

Re: OLD Bijur Mist Lubricator Issues/Parts/Literature/Manual

Ok. Upon further research, I have a Model D2713. The latest Mist Lubricator model is the D3144(-2).

Update: Now that it has been rather warm, the mister seems to be working fine. I guess it is sensitive to low temperatures. However, I still want to refurbish it.

I would also be interested to see any manuals or info for this mist lubricator, as I have the same unit on my VMC40.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonbl View Post
    I would also be interested to see any manuals or info for this mist lubricator, as I have the same unit on my VMC40.
    I'm still waiting to hear back from Bijur

Ok. So here is what I got:
    The 3144 did indeed replace the 2713. Looking over the old manual and parts list for the 2713, a lot of the parts are interchangeable with the newer lubricator. Here are the links to the manual and the service instructions that Bijur sent me. I hope this helps those that have the same old Fadal VMC 40 like me.

Hello everyone, I know this is a pretty old thread but I've got the same mist lubricator on my Fadal.

I bought this machine a few months ago and have been reviewing some issues. One of these issues is that I don't think the mist lubricator is working.
    I'm a bit concerned about the first reservoir, since in your picture it looks empty. My machine came with the first and second reservoirs filled with oil.

By looking at the flow diagram on the link you shared (http://www.bijurdelimon.com/fileadmi...ator_DS-R4.pdf) It seems like the first reservoir should only contain air. Do you have any thoughts on it? I'm sharing a picture below.

Also, do you still have the manual and the service instructions? I clicked on the link but I need to get permission to access the files.

Thanks a lot for your time!

I'd also like info on the older 2713 mister. Bijur has been no help in this regard.

With mine, it has a leaky *I think* regulator and would like to see how to fix this. A parts break-down would help before I start screwing up stuff. I'd even take info on the 3144 at this point. Same unit except for the two cannisters hanging down.

Can anyone help on this? Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by efracb94 View Post
    Hello everyone, I know this is a pretty old thread but I've got the same mist lubricator on my Fadal.

I bought this machine a few months ago and have been reviewing some issues. One of these issues is that I don't think the mist lubricator is working.
    I'm a bit concerned about the first reservoir, since in your picture it looks empty. My machine came with the first and second reservoirs filled with oil.

By looking at the flow diagram on the link you shared (404 Not Found | Bijur Delimon International) It seems like the first reservoir should only contain air. Do you have any thoughts on it? I'm sharing a picture below.

Also, do you still have the manual and the service instructions? I clicked on the link but I need to get permission to access the files.

Sorry for the late reply. I must have missed the notification that someone replied to my post. I don’t have my Fadal anymore but I’m pretty sure one canister should be empty. It is used as a place for the mister to spray a shot of oil to mist and mix with air to be routed to the spindle. You should see the mister shooting an oil mist cloud if it’s working correctly. If I remember right, this is only done when the spindle is on.

Also, I updated the permissions on the Google Drive links above. Please let me know if you can’t open them.

Quote Originally Posted by efracb94 View Post

By looking at the flow diagram on the link you shared (404 Not Found | Bijur Delimon International) It seems like the first reservoir should only contain air. Do you have any thoughts on it? I'm sharing a picture below.

Sorry for the super late response. Did you figure it out? I just updated the Google Drive link permissions above.

Nope. Links do not work. Still access denied.