584,805 active members*
5,200 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > 2005 RW15 Thrust Bearings

2005 RW15 Thrust Bearings

Hi, I'm needing to replace the Z axis thrust bearings on my 2005 RW15 and I'm looking for a cheaper option then purchasing them directly from Milltronics. Does anyone have a part number or a source to buy them else where? Thanks in advance!

Kyle

Re: 2005 RW15 Thrust Bearings

if you are talking about the angular contact bearings, then they are probably 7204 bearings and can be had from ebay for cheap

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Angular-C...S!-1:rk:1:pf:0

Hi Copelan, Sorry for the delay, I did not see this post earlier. The RW-15 uses a matched pair 20TAC47 bearings. ( Milltro P/N BG-102)
    I stock these for $ 225.00 (pair) + Shipping
    I stock NSK. Yes Milltro is proud of these bearings.

call me 952-288-6340

I answer calls till 9PM CST Mon -Sat

sportybob

sportybob

HI Brian, VXB handles mostly cheap Chinese bearings.
    My BG-01 (NSK or SKF) are $48.00 ea. usually sold in pairs and I through in a new .002" shim.

I also have a NSK matched duplex set I call the BG-01+ $222.00 a set. I usually use these in machines with 1000 / 1600 IPM rapids.

I have a good bearing supplier and can usually beat any bearing house out there.

another example is the Milltro BG-89 (ball screw support bearing pair) Milltro, $889. my price $323.
    My bearing supplier orders by the boat load and he lets me "tag on" to his "master" orders. I like that guy! I have good pricing, but I don't buy cheap bearings. ( NSK, SKF and Koyo if I'm in a pinch)

for customers that have machines with the all in one bearing pack Milltro BG-94 Milltro $900 my price is $550. These are a special INA bearing made for Milltronics. I was able to source "my own design" by changing the seal design, I am able to "not step on" Milltronics design. Lead time is fairly long on these bearings but I have them in stock 99% of the time.
    Their BG-95 and BG-96 bearing packs I think are fairly priced. I not sure why their BG-94 ended up costing more,

I am not trying to disparage Milltronics, they have over head that is ALOT. so, they have to make enough to cover all that overhead. All that free tech support they have does cost a lot of money. So, if you use Milltronics tech support, help that support by buying thru Milltronics, It is only fair.

My overhead is a whole lot less, so I can work with a smaller margin.

Blog over ;-)

sportybob

sportybob