585,667 active members*
3,940 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > VMX30 and BMC3017 question
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: VMX30 and BMC3017 question

I have a quick question about these 2. I am trying to decide which one to keep. The BMC3017 hour meter says 1100 hours. the VMX says a little over 12000 hours. (12k) Im not sure if the hour meters run when just power is active. i got all the manuals they had for the BMC along with a folder full of upgrade floppys.
    What is the major differences in these 2 machines. i can physical see different things like coolant nozzles at the spindle. the vmx has some nozzles in the corners of the enclosure where the bmc doeskin. The vmx has a chip auger and conveyor. (i dont think i will ever make enough chips to need that.)

Just looking for a little persuasion i guess. The BMC looks "cleaner"

I guess for me it would come down to which machine is in the best mechanical condition. If the hour meters reflect the actual run time the BMC might be the best choice.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    I guess for me it would come down to which machine is in the best mechanical condition. If the hour meters reflect the actual run time the BMC might be the best choice.
    are there certain things that you can look at without the machine powered up to see if things are worn? besides the obvious paint marks ect?

Thanks for all the help guys

The good news here is that both machines are sitting on your floor and you have time to evaluate them. Pull the way covers off and look for wear. Put an indicator on things pry around a bit to get an idea of how much play is in the table. Check backlash in the ball screws. If possible power up the spindles and listen to the sounds.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Well today was a pretty good day. I got a lead on a hurco bmc40 that was being parted out. Turns out it was from the same auction i got my 2 from. He was a scrap metal dealer. I offered him 500$ to pull all the electronics off including the entire console and spindle motor. I noticed the computer box looks like it has everything in it. It does look a hair different that the vmx30 computer box that is missing boards. Can i use any of this to get one of my machines going? I noticed the spindle motor plate says 6k while my bmc30 says 8k and the vmx30 says 10k. Looks to be the same big drive though.

i need help.
    I have a problem on the machine Hurco BMC30.the error is: matrix 4-xyzs servo board did not reset.
    do enyone know how to solve that problem??

Page 2 of 2 12