I recently bought a Yuasa Enshu Accu-mill with a Fanuc 3m controller. When I fired it up the first time, I got a servo error 34 (z axis). Looked in the manual and found it meant the encoder cable was not connected. After checking it thoroughly, I tried several more times shutting it down and restarting. Eventually, it came up and worked fine. After a day or two, it did it again, so I took the cable loose at the motor, cleaned it thoroughly, reassembled, and it worked again. Now its down again, can't make it come back. According to the manual, the only three things that could be wrong are bad motor, bad connection, and bad master PCB. I checked all the connections again, but no help. I swapped the y and z encoder cables where they come into the controller and attach to a large PCB on the door, but the error stayed with the z axis. It should have gone to the y axis if the motor or connections were bad. I swapped them back, and swapped the cables from that board to the y and z driver boards, error still stayed on the z axis, so I swapped them back. I swapped the driver boards themselves, thinking one of them may be bad, but it STILL stayed on the Z axis. I'm almost at a loss here, any suggestions?
Thanks
Nate