584,817 active members*
4,760 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Homing with proximity and encoder pulse

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    It's simple reality that it can be done. It is you who's a dreamer. It's just nonsense that you need control over the full encoder.
    You have control over the servo motor (it is called step/dir interface) and you can have control over the encoder index, you just need to input it into the motion controller, the rest can be done in user macro code as I have described it.
    As I said just post a video of you doing this so others can see and try to achieve the same thing, to do it how it is normally done you have to close the servo loop either in the Drive or the Control and then it is just a regular homing routine
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    As I said just post a video of you doing this so others can see and try to achieve the same thing, to do it how it is normally done you have to close the servo loop either in the Drive or the Control and then it is just a regular homing routine
    I'm not interested in doing this and I have limited time so I will not make it and will not make a video but thanks for the offer.
    I know that it can be done and I described how it can be done and it is more than enough of this for me.

I'm not interested in doing this and I have limited time so I will not make it and will not make a video but thanks for the offer.
    I know that it can be done and I described how it can be done and it is more than enough of this for me.
    Yes you described how it could be done :idea: but have never done it Theory in this case does not count
    Mactec54

HIya Mactec, I would be more than happy to send you the test macro for UCCNC(M3095.txt) . And I can probably still find the original test macro for Mach3. Both version are several years old by now but still applicable.

Also it can be used with steppers IF there is a precision index signal available such as an encoder.

(;-) TP

Yes you described how it could be done :idea: but have never done it Theory in this case does not count
    Theory is always what counts. If the theory is correct then it will 100% work in real life.
    And it was not proven or described that the theory is wrong, it is yet just a reasonless idea from mactec that it can't work.

Theory is always what counts. If the theory is correct then it will 100% work in real life.
    And it was not proven or described that the theory is wrong, it is yet just a reasonless idea from mactec that it can't work.
    Not in this case, you have to show that it works by having done it, which you have not, Your theory is wrong, prove me wrong and do it, talk is easy doing it is a different story

Almost anything is possible, but first you have to demonstrate that it is real by showing it in use

Definition of theory : a collection of propositions to illustrate the principles of a subject. Nothing in theory is 100% unless it has been tried and proven in practice
    Mactec54

Not in this case, you have to show that it works by having done it, which you have not, Your theory is wrong, prove me wrong and do it, talk is easy doing it is a different story

Almost anything is possible, but first you have to demonstrate that it is real by showing it in use

Definition of theory : a collection of propositions to illustrate the principles of a subject. Nothing in theory is 100% unless it has been tried and proven in practice
    Nonsense. What about God? Was it proven that he exists? Do you beleive that he exists?
    So don't say that everything has to be proven in practice, many things are enough to be known that it exists or can be done, no need to do it in practice when it is known that it can be done and it is known how it can be done.

And by the way you still did not prove why my theory is wrong, you just talking without reasoning. I described why and how it works, you did not why it will now work.

And by the way you still did not prove why my theory is wrong, you just talking without reasoning. I described why and how it works, you did not why it will now work.
    It is up to you to prove that your theory works, not me, you posted that this was easy to do but can't supply any evidence that it can in fact work, until you do it's just BS, I'm talking with experience as a manufacturing designer and developer

I called you out because I knew you had not done this, Closed loop system this is easy to do, None closed loop system it would be quite a task to get this to work, so your theory is dead until you prove other wise
    Mactec54

I already proven my theory with describing how it can be done. You described nor proven nothing. You think you know everything because you did some things in your past is your problem not mine.

I already proven my theory with describing how it can be done. You described nor proven nothing. You think you know everything because you did some things in your past is your problem not mine.
    As I said I knew you had not done this, it's just amazing what some people post, (nuts) it would be quite difficult to achieve how you described to do it, you have proven nothing at all with your theory, you are totally clueless as to what is needed to do something like this to make it work :wave:

" I do it everyday not in my past "
    Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 12