Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, and I hope to find a solution for my current problem.
I'm from The Netherlands and use my (fairly old) CNC machines for prototyping and hobby.

Last year I bought a Hyundai Hit 8S lathe with my brother, we bought it with a defect to the hard drive with the intention to fix it.
we were told it would not boot anymore, so we thought the complete drive had a defect. we pulled it out of the machine to see if it would run.
connected the power supply to make sure the disc would rotate freely and did not had a physical crash. this was not the case so the hardware should be intact.
second step was to connect to a pc to confirm if the communication was still working properly, this did not work sadly enough.
after some searching we found out the drives have a separate power supply for the logic part of the drive, when we established to connect this we could see the drive on the pc but where not able to enter it.

we bought a second hand drive in the US so we could swap the logic board and see if this was the problem, stil no luck.
luckily our father does not like to throw away old equipment and we had a running 486 to connect our drive to.
this took us a little further and we could see the drive's memory, no problems there in terms of size. but there ended our options because it still wasn't accessible.

We contacted a recovery lab to see what they could achieve, our hope was that the PLC an machine data could be saved from the drive.
they tried several options but could not get op to the point we reached with our 486, the proposed to send it to a cleanroom lab to physically remove the disc to get a readout.
It took a while for them to figure out they could not enter the drive due to a corrupt drive segment.... Bad luck!

Our only two options are to get a drive image from a Hit 8S or a similar machine 15S or 18S and load in our machine parameters which we have on paper.
our we could contact Siemens o fix it but that is our last resort.

Is there anyone who could help us get an image or knows somebody who has a drive backup that is willing to send us this (payment is of course not a problem)?
Our is there a known company who sells this data?

The controller is a Sinumeric 840C
the pc runs on ds dos (not ms dos)

Your help is much appreciated!

Regards,
Coppe