584,842 active members*
4,528 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Partner 1 Series H - Problem with Video
Page 1 of 2 12

Hybrid View

Question Partner 1 Series H - Problem with Video

SN 3041 DOM525

New to me as of yesterday. Got loaded in my garage and powered up today. I'm getting no video on the monitor - i'm new to these so i don't know if anything else is going on.

After researching here, i found that i can try a known good monitor to rule out the tube TV in the operator panel. It did not show any video either.

After that i hooked my laptop into the tube TV and i got some video but it looked awful. I'm assuming it works but is more than likely on it's way out.

I'm not sure of my next move. I'm assuming i have a bad cable, bad video card, or a bad mother board.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm also looking for an operator/electrical and mechanical manual. All the links i've found here seem to be broken.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Partner 1 Series H - Problem with Video

PM me your email. I will send you what I have.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Where did you hook in when testing? Your 1h is a little different from my E. But did you test from the control pc or by the monitor

Got on the phone with sporty bob.

Step 1 - Tested card cage voltages. They turned out ok.
    Step 2 - Plugged LED monitor directly into video card. It worked but there was a mbios error.
    Step 3 - tested mboard battery. it was low at 1.6vdc
    Step 4 - Troubleshoot VGA wiring. Rang out wires from card cage to operator panel. nothing had continuity. Figured there's no way all these wires were broke. It turns out that a connector on the right side of the card cage had pulled out. Plugged in and had video.

Still have the bios error. Bob is going to set me up with a new battery and help me walk though getting the machine set up. Will report back after i speak to him today.

Slowly bringing this thing back to life. Replaced the bios battery and the SIM card battery. I soldered leads onto the board so i can have a remote battery similar to some bios batteries I’ve seen.

After that i Got a list of parameters from milltronics. By the way those guys have been extremely helpful both times i called. Most of the parameters didn’t line up with what they gave me. I did the best i could.

Now I’m dealing with an issue that i think i know the solution, but I’d like some input.

I was trying to get the spindle started but it would not. I could hear a relay fire when i did an MDI M3 or M4, but the motor wouldn’t turn. The over ride is on 100%.

I have this machine hooked up to single phase 220, i bought it under the assumption that it was 7.5hp. Well it’s not, it’s 15. I guess at this point I’m not sure if the motor and drive are factory. It’s a “custom servo motor” drive and motor. Looks to be German.

Does anyone know if this is a standard motor and drive from milltronics? If so, can it run on single phase? Maybe that’s what is holding me up from starting the motor?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Csm is a good servo drive, very crisp and responsive. Did you call out a spindle speed? S1000 in mdi?

Yes i did. 500 and 1000 did not work.

jonrya91 Guest

I did and MDI input for both m3 and m4 and measured voltage across the com input. There is voltage and it changes for different rpms.

I noticed the drive output wires go to contactors on the left side of the panel in a small box. Those are not pulling in. I’m not sure why - my schematic does not show these but I’m guessing some kind of permissive or i set the parameters wrong.

I’ve attached some photos of the drive, and box with contactors.

What do you have your M code parameters 09020 thru 09029 set to?

They affect the CSM spindles

Attached schematic for a dc servos and csm spindle

Quote Originally Posted by rl49 View Post

9020 is 41
    9021 is 42
    9022 is 43
    9023 is 03
    9024 is 04
    9025 is 00
    9026 is 00
    9027 is 00
    9028 is 00
    9029 is 00

Does anything need changed?

Quote Originally Posted by rl49 View Post

It's pretty wild that a 12.5 and 15 hp motor is fused for 30 amps. I would have expected this to be higher. A 15hp 3 phase motor on 230VAC should pull upwards of 30 amps, correct?

Not sure on that one. I’ll check when i get home and try it out. Thanks for the tip.

What does your spindle override on the screen say? I have a lathe that defaults to 0% on start up regardless of the switch setting. I have to adjust it 1 click to get the screen to match the switch.

Look at your mcode list in mdi and see if there is a range selection that has to be called before the spindle will run like a lathe. M41, m42, m43.

I have a Partner 1 H with a Custom Servo Motor as well. The seller told me it was a 7.5hp...

Anyway, I'm no expert at this point but if you need to know what any of my parameters are set at, hit me up and I'll let you know.

You aren't getting any errors? Does it home ok? How about tool change? It should index the spindle before changing tools. If that works, it's a place to start.

Buck

Quote Originally Posted by wfr8577 View Post
    I have a Partner 1 H with a Custom Servo Motor as well. The seller told me it was a 7.5hp...

Anyway, I'm no expert at this point but if you need to know what any of my parameters are set at, hit me up and I'll let you know.

You aren't getting any errors? Does it home ok? How about tool change? It should index the spindle before changing tools. If that works, it's a place to start.

Buck
    Absolutely i will take parameters. The ones i have are from milltronics.

I am not getting any errors. Yes it homes out ok. It doesn’t change tools yet because the air valves leak like a SOB. I run through an 80 gallon compressor in about 5 mins. I am in the process of changing them out.

LOL! I fixed at least a dozen air leaks on mine too. I was lucky. Fresh tubing fixed most of them. I changed fittings on the remainder. The valves were all fine.

I'll see if I can attach the parameters.

PM me your email. I'd have to attach them all separately.

Once you get them, you'll notice some 90xx files. I believe they specifically deal with the CSM.

Attached list from my P1H

Sent.

There were two files that gmail would not send because they are 0 bytes.

9028 is a probing script (I think). I don't have a probe yet, so we will see someday.

Have you tried calling m41?

M41 (should hear a contactor pull in)
    S500
    M3

Page 1 of 2 12