584,833 active members*
5,579 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Partner 1 Series H - Problem with Video
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Partner 1 Series H - Problem with Video

No difference with m41.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your spindle drive resetting with the machine?

What does O9020 program say?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I am not sure what you mean by "resetting with the machine".

09020 is 041

Quote Originally Posted by rl49 View Post
    What do you have your M code parameters 09020 thru 09029 set to?

They affect the CSM spindles

Attached schematic for a dc servos and csm spindle
    It's pretty wild that a 12.5 and 15 hp motor is fused for 30 amps. I would have expected this to be higher. A 15hp 3 phase motor on 230VAC should pull upwards of 30 amps, correct?

41 is the mcode that calls O9020. If may be in your program folders.

when you hit the reset button before you home the machine does the red led labled reset on the spindle drive turn on?

I will check tonight. Not sure on that one.

Ok so new developments since i have the actual schematic for my machine:

The servo motor has (3) speed ranges. Low, medium and high. They are selected by actuating different contactors in the contactor panel.

Low Speed is MC10 and MC1G (Wye series)
    Medium Speed is MC18, MC1C and MC10 (Wye parallel)
    High speed is MC1A, MC18 and MC1C (Delta)

These contactors are actuated by the small board at the bottom right of the box.

TBU-3, TBV-6 actuate MC10
    TBV-3 actuates MC1G
    TBU-6, TBX-3 actuates MC18
    TBX-6 actuates MC1A
    TBU-6, TBX-3 actuates MC1C

There's a small PC relay board at the bottom right side of the panel. This controls the contactors. There are 4 of them and they are CR40, CR41, CR42 and CR43. From what i've read on posts from Sportybob, these relays are controlled with Mcodes to select speeds. The Mcodes require a macro in the RAM directory. i'm willing to bet i do not have these as my board batteries were dead.

Does anyone have a copy of these macros for a Partner 1 series H? Looks to be here:"From the main menu; Go to F10 (util), F8 ( info), F6 (ram). It will show you the files that are located in the “RAM” directory., they are m code files.

Thanks.

Re: Partner 1 Series H CSM 09000 files

Forum wont allow uploading blank extension files , These are from my 95 P1H copy to a floppy delete the txt extension and load to ram directory make sure your parameters for mcodes and spindle settings under misc parameters match the copy I sent earlier , cycle power and
    make sure you make multiple parameter disks if it works ok.

Thanks bud i'll give these a shot tonight.

Running into a hard time finding a floppy drive that works. I did buy a floppy to USB emulator so i can get rid of these things. I don't have an older PC around so i'm trying a few at work. Should know more this evening.

get a usb floppy drive, thats what i did.

The floppy on mill doesn't work or issues with reading on newer computer? I used to format floppy's on mill and then read and some times write to usb floppy drive on laptop. I have both my milltronics networked to an old xp box and don't do the floppy shuffle any more.

That's the best in my opinion as I can drop out to the networked dos and do complete cf card archive on network to have multiple backups to write to a cf card to get a new cf card backed up with none of the sim card issues.

You do have ditch the sim card and get a ide to cf adapter. makes for lighting fast file transfers and boots faster.

Got all of these macros loaded into the b:/ram drive. This was O9020 through O9029. Was hoping to be able to start the spindle but i still do not have any luck.

If i watch the diagnose screen while trying to run an m3 or m4 with a speed, the spindle stop command never goes away. I’ve attached a photo of what I’m talking about. I don’t know if this a problem or not. Spindle allow comes on with CCW or CW, but that stop is still active.

I only have this thing wired to single phase at the moment. Does that have anything to do with this? I’ve also tried with 125psi air pressure. I also don’t know if the collet clamp needs to be active?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like your tool change may be holding it up you need to take picture with the tool call out on the right showing what tool is being called did you load the 20 pocket tc\ file i sent you and set it to that in the parameter file for the tool changer?

What is the collet clamp error you are getting? I do not see it in the pictures you attached
    is the red reset light on the spindle drive light?
    mine runs fine on single phase other that occasionally tripping the 30 amp circuit feeding it as it charges capacitors in drive.

Looks like its hung up on the orient spindle line on the picture.

Do you have this document?

milltronics wont send you a parameter file with macro backups? I haven't dealt with them since last year when I upgraded my piH to a c6 control and paid $650 for software upgrade and conversion fee to make it all work.

usually they have typically charge $ 100 for a parameter disk to backup machine with sim disk battery dead issues that was before Hurco bought them out .

remember they have overhead costs to cover and if they wont deal with that send sporty bob an email as he has bailed me out countless of times on my learning curve in the last 9 years.

Regards , Ron

I took a break from troubleshooting to install a new screen. I couldn't take the CRT monitor anymore. It actually felt like i got something done, which was nice.

I'm still having the problem of not being able to start the spindle. In the diagnose screen, I've noticed that the output xout8 "spindle stop" is always activated. From what i've read this is activated two ways. An E stop or an M5. It is cleared with an M3 or M4. For some reason, when i MDI an M3 or M4, it's not clearing. I grounded xout8 last night and the "spindle stop" output stayed on, but i later realized that i had an e-stop situation and will try this again tonight.

I've found another thread here which shows how to MDI that output "off". I'm hoping that there isn't a safety switch somewhere on this machine that i don't know about - i've looked around several times and can't find anything.

RL49 i know you saw the tool change program hang up but it's on the M19 orient - just because that's not working either; it just sits on that M19. The spindle has no way to turn on - that's my opinion of course.

Hi Jonrya, We talked on Saturday. You lost the parameters when changing the simdisk battery. Sorry, I came down with a major case of the CRUDS. I still have not made it into the shop. Hopefully tomorrow and I will run the ACRO file builder for you.

With out the correct parameters and ACRO files. the spindle won't run.

Bob M

Page 2 of 2 12