585,951 active members*
3,932 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Absolute cords reset in handle mode

Absolute cords reset in handle mode

Greetings!

I have a small problem on my Fanuc 18M (model c) Milling machine.

Problem is when i move any axes in handle/jog/rapid manual mode my Absolute value gets reset and set to machine axes in reference zero return position, so if you then start program it will travel totally wrong unless i zero return all axes and start.

Anyone got idea?

manual absolute

Quote Originally Posted by quasarix View Post
    Greetings!

I have a small problem on my Fanuc 18M (model c) Milling machine.

Problem is when i move any axes in handle/jog/rapid manual mode my Absolute value gets reset and set to machine axes in reference zero return position, so if you then start program it will travel totally wrong unless i zero return all axes and start.

Anyone got idea?
    I am not sure but I think you will find a switch on your control that says manual absolute and it needs turned on or off maybe someone else can jump in and shed some light on this?

I think i found the solution

its under parameter 8140
    IFM
    Specifies whether interference between tool posts is checked in the
    manual operation mode.
    0 : Not checked
    1 : Checked

Also i have to check parameters 8162,8163, 8180....3, 8186 and 8200 (master/slave tool path stuff)

will try it tomorrow, wish me luck

Absolute or incremental in manual mode parameter...or...some machines have a manual incremental button on the panel-Shizouka was on that did.

I think i found the solution

its under parameter 8140
    IFM
    Specifies whether interference between tool posts is checked in the
    manual operation mode.
    0 : Not checked
    1 : Checked

Also i have to check parameters 8162,8163, 8180....3, 8186 and 8200 (master/slave tool path stuff)

will try it tomorrow, wish me luck
    damn all those parameters are empty

Are you using either G92 or G53 in your program? Can you post a photo of your operator's panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozemale6t9 View Post
    Are you using either G92 or G53 in your program? Can you post a photo of your operator's panel?
    i dont use G92, I use G54,..

cant post panel right now will do it later.. but it doesnt have any knobs/buttons for setting anything like what i need

absolute cors value is calculated from zero return to G54, G55 etc whatever is currently running it works ok if i start from zero return position, and later it works with program normal, but when i manualy move table with handle/jog/rapid it doesnt recaculate absolute to G54 but it sets it like table is at zero returned position, and then when you run program for example G0 G54 G90 X0 Y0 it will go to wrong absolute cords (table at middle for example but absolute cords calced like its at zero return after i manual moved a bit) so it that code then travels table like its moving from zero returned positions if you get what i mean lol, its probably some parameter orr something i dont know...

It really does sound like what underthetire said. That's why a picture might help us identify it for you.

regards, Oz

It really does sound like what underthetire said. That's why a picture might help us identify it for you.

regards, Oz
    will make youtube movie so you can see

I still didt solve the bugger

here is video if that helps

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4TWujCD72M"]YouTube- V0836_03-03-10.3gp[/ame]

This is behaving exactly like manual absolute is on. What are the buttons that are switched on (lit) in your video? Can you post a picture of the control panel so we can see all the buttons.

This is behaving exactly like manual absolute is on. What are the buttons that are switched on (lit) in your video? Can you post a picture of the control panel so we can see all the buttons.
    there are no buttons for that whatsoever on this machine or i would know...
    its somewhere in parameters or keepreley that isnt specified in manual i have, or some combination of parameters
    Buttons are: Single block, block delete, dry run, coolant, optional stop, magazine cw, mag. ccw, program reset, interdoor lock, Z lock, air blow, ..

i know what you mean, i have machine next to that one that has abs button, but this one doesnt have anything, whats more funny is that one friend has the same machine like this but a year or 2 older, everything is same, even parameters , i tryed to compare but nothing difrent, even with factor parameters its same lol

I'm grasping at straws here:

You may have the manual absolute switch on the "software operator's panel", or under one of the CUSTOM screens.

Press OFFSET/SETTING
    Press > soft key
    Press the [OPR]
    Page down
    Look for MANUAL ABSOLUTE

If you don't find it there, try the CUSTOM key.

Do you have a button called Handle Interrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    I'm grasping at straws here:

You may have the manual absolute switch on the "software operator's panel", or under one of the CUSTOM screens.

Press OFFSET/SETTING
    Press > soft key
    Press the [OPR]
    Page down
    Look for MANUAL ABSOLUTE

If you don't find it there, try the CUSTOM key.
    lol you was a bit too late but thanks

i found it under Offeset>OPR

thanks all

lol you was a bit too late but thanks

i found it under Offeset>OPR

thanks all

I m also getting same issue on our vmc fanuc control AI200 If we press reset button the absolute value gets zero automatically.

If u have soln. for it then explain me in flowchart i m new to cnc maint. thatwhy...