Hi,

Just joined up here after finding this forum on the weekend. Been reading here ever since.

I am interested in buying a laser cutting machine. Reading through the threads it looks like Chinese is the way to go for cost savings but with caveats.

So from reading here it seems the AEON cutters are the ones to go for. I want as big a cutter as I can afford. I have a budget of around 15K USD + shipping and import duties etc.

I see the MIRA from AEON is recommended. Are the other machines from AEON as good? Better? Worse ? Why is it that the MIRA is recommended? Just because of price perhaps?

If I were to stick with the MIRA class machine I would go for the MIRA 9060 - specs say a 900x600mm working area (is that the actual max cut area?). So 900 x 600 would be OK. I would prefer a bit bigger cutting area but 900 600 is OK for my first machine.

What is the max size power on this class of machine? It looks to me as though they max they offer is 100W. I want to cut plywood up to about 12mm/15mm and acrylic sheet up to about 15mm. I may want to do other thing in time but dont know what else I may want to cut at this time. I am sure that owning a machine like this will open up ideas as time goes on!

From what I have read here, it seems the MIRA is a decent machine. Is the company in China anygood ? Any scams/dishonest practices to watch out for with them?

Any MIRA users here?

Thanks for any info