584,854 active members*
4,176 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > Fanuc Yellow Cap to Gecko 320X

Hybrid View

Fanuc Yellow Cap to Gecko 320X

Hi,

I am at a loss here as to what my problem is.

I had my machine running fine up until a few days ago. I moved some of the components into a second cabinet due to noise issues through my USB.

When I hooked everything back up, both axis started moving on their own and have remained uncontrollable. I confirmed my pinout. I have since unhooked the Z drive servo to try working one at a time. My status lights on the drive show green.

Is anybody else running gecko drives to yellow cap servos? Odd thing is that I have another machine running the same setup and it is fine.

I have about 7 hours into troubleshooting and feel like I'm worse off than when I started. Any experts that can weight in?

Thanks

Re: Fanuc Yellow Cap to Gecko 320X

Maybe you have the X & Y encoders or motor outputs crossed when you reconnected?
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Re: Fanuc Yellow Cap to Gecko 320X

I´m running three of these servos with geckos 320x , previously i have changed the original tachogenerators with amt102 encoders . They running well , of course accepting the limited final velocity because the 80 volt max of the geckos ( yellow caps works normally near the 150 volts range ) . Torque peak was also lowered for the 20 amp limit , but still sufficient . Zero problems in 2 years of use daily . Have you managed to solve the problem?