585,888 active members*
4,004 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 9 of 14 7891011

Re: Spindle Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    All his posts are intact nothing has been deleted from any of his posts, he did not insult anyone or post anything out of normal that would come under any scrutiny from the moderators, if this was the case we know who instigated it
    I know this guy and he's not the type to EVER insult, offend, or use offensive language.

mactec54 if you know who would instigate his ban and for what reason, it would be nice "for us all to know", including him!!!
    Is this the way CNCZone now treats new comers? Wow! Who's next!

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    My guess is the offensive or insulting post was deleted. There are a lot of others pending.
    "My guess is the offensive or insulting post" I would hate to have you as a judge
    I know him. He's not the type to EVER post insults or attempt to insult ANYONE!
    It's either a mistake... or someone with power gone to their head!

Quote Originally Posted by cnc-xray View Post
    "My guess is the offensive or insulting post" I would hate to have you as a judge
    I know him. He's not the type to EVER post insults or attempt to insult ANYONE!
    It's either a mistake... or someone with power gone to their head!
    Its my guess they banned the wrong person, I have been helping him out? He seemed like a darn nice guy!
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Its my guess they banned the wrong person, I have been helping him out? He seemed like a darn nice guy!
    That should have been your FIRST guess
    I agree, I know him and he is a very nice guy!

If you get to spindle and want to reduce noise, be sure to run the correct equipment with it: IMS USA Online Store – IMS USA Online Store

not this weekend but last worked on my larger router

installed spindle and a mini vfd..
    i followed manual and it is working since 10 days..

reason i posting i also installed new cable from inverter to spindle
    i had before 18 /4 with no shield

actually it worked since 2016 and after more than 2 years use the vfd started to give a E004 overcurrent error on start
    i checked everything installed new 16/4 cable shielded , yet didnt find in cabinet line filter were installed

so i ordered linefilter too..

heres my toughts, if machine worked with 18/4 cable without shielding will it be better with 16/4 with shield ?
    my other machine also has unshielded 18/4 cable works since 2011

anyway on the newer machine i installed the 16/4 shielded and heres picture i made grounding

grounded the motor outside plus the shield grounded to the machine
    i have 8 feet grounding rod and 6GA copper coming to the machine plus to the control cabinet

please note under the brass clamp scraped off paint to the bare metal

the plastic spacer only temporary, i had 85 mm spindle and new one is 80 mm
    old spindle was 2.2kW nominal however it require 3.7 inverter at least..

the aviation connector inside motor has 4 wire connected

that spindle was a 4 pole spindle versus this only 2pole

Quote Originally Posted by victorofga View Post
    the plastic spacer only temporary, i had 85 mm spindle and new one is 80 mm
    old spindle was 2.2kW nominal however it require 3.7 inverter at least..

the aviation connector inside motor has 4 wire connected

that spindle was a 4 pole spindle versus this only 2pole
    Should work well not stellar job but ok and will work like this
    Mactec54

not this weekend but last worked on my larger router

installed spindle and a mini vfd..
    i followed manual and it is working since 10 days..

reason i posting i also installed new cable from inverter to spindle
    i had before 18 /4 with no shield

actually it worked since 2016 and after more than 2 years use the vfd started to give a E004 overcurrent error on start
    i checked everything installed new 16/4 cable shielded , yet didnt find in cabinet line filter were installed

so i ordered linefilter too..

heres my toughts, if machine worked with 18/4 cable without shielding will it be better with 16/4 with shield ?
    my other machine also has unshielded 18/4 cable works since 2011

anyway on the newer machine i installed the 16/4 shielded and heres picture i made grounding

grounded the motor outside plus the shield grounded to the machine
    i have 8 feet grounding rod and 6GA copper coming to the machine plus to the control cabinet

please note under the brass clamp scraped off paint to the bare metal
    It depends on the Kw of the spindle you were using as to what gauge wire you should use any spindle under 2.2Kw would be fine with 18/4 cable if it is twisted then this would eliminate a lot of the EMI so not a problem if it does not affect any near by electronics

Is this the main service Ground Rod you are talking about, or an additional Ground rod, if it is an additional Ground Rod it has to be bonded to the Main service Ground rod or can be very dangerous if it is not, here is a Video on code requirement's for Grounding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpgAVE4UwFw
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by cnc-xray View Post
    I know this guy and he's not the type to EVER insult, offend, or use offensive language.

mactec54 if you know who would instigate his ban and for what reason, it would be nice "for us all to know", including him!!!
    Is this the way CNCZone now treats new comers? Wow! Who's next!
    Thanks cnc-xray

It looks like it was a glitch as mactec54 said.
    It sure had me puzzled.
    Why would I post anything offensive to anyone?
    I'm asking for help... so you would be insane to insult others when your the one asking! (even if they insulted you)

Anyone experiencing what I did should contact them with a ticket. They are very helpful

They replied with the following:
    -----------------------------------------------
    Hi Joe,

of course this seems to be an error!
    We've done some changes on the member groups some hours ago.
    So please try again end tell us if the problem resists. When it does so please tell us on what position exactly the error messages comes up (exact Link and screenshot)

Sincerly
    IndustryArena support team

I Hope this helps others and saves them from the perplexed feeling I had

Quote Originally Posted by CNC-Pal View Post
    Thanks cnc-xray

It looks like it was a glitch as mactec said.
    It sure had me puzzled.
    Why would I post anything offensive to anyone?
    I'm asking for help... so you would be insane to insult others when your the one asking! (even if they insulted you)

Anyone experiencing what I did should contact them with a ticket. They are very helpful

They replied with the following:
    Hi Joe,

of course this seems to be an error!
    We've done some changes on the member groups some hours ago.
    So please try again end tell us if the problem resists. When it does so please tell us on what position exactly the error messages comes up (exact Link and screenshot)

Sincerly
    IndustryArena support team

I Hope this helps others and saves them from the perplexed feeling I had
    Good to hear and as I thought it would be some small problem, I do see they made some changes I Emailed you today so either way works for me
    Mactec54

Good to hear and as I thought it would be some small problem, I do see they made some changes I Emailed you today so either way works for me
    I'm glad to see you were right
    Thanks for all your help to date mactec54
    I'm sure there are "a lot of others" out there (including myself) who appreciate you sharing your time and knowledge.
    I got your email and I will definitely contact you if I get confused again.

Would you happen to know the minimum speed for the 220V spindle you provided the parameters for?

Quote Originally Posted by CNC-Pal View Post
    I'm glad to see you were right
    Thanks for all your help to date mactec54
    I'm sure there are "a lot of others" out there (including myself) who appreciate you sharing your time and knowledge.
    I got your email and I will definitely contact you if I get confused again.

Would you happen to know the minimum speed for the 220V spindle you provided the parameters for?
    The Parameters list I posted will give you 7200 RPM below this and they don't have enough good torque to cut with the minimum for these spindles is 6,000 RPM some can do 3,000 RPM but this is a more expensive model spindle

If you want to go down to 6,000RPM I would have to give you some different Parameters changes
    Mactec54

The Parameters list I posted will give you 7200 RPM below this and they don't have enough good torque to cut with the minimum for these spindles is 6,000 RPM some can do 3,000 RPM but this is a more expensive model spindle

If you want to go down to 6,000RPM I would have to give you some different Parameters changes
    I'll leave it they way you have it. I can work with 7200 RPM (which will be rarely, if ever).

Thanks

Great video. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcheli View Post
    Great video. Thanks
    Yes it is, the only thing it is a little long, this is to show people especially Hobby users and Electricians the correct Grounding requirements, which most have a totally wrong concept of what Grounding is about, that can be very dangerous if not done correctly
    Mactec54

Yes it is, the only thing it is a little long
    When I saw it was 1:13 I thought I don't want to spend that much time right now watching this. But I did. Then links came up to his other videos and I watched another one.

Anyway I have this https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-1-5KW-22...YAAOSw4ahbEOzL spindle on the way and I am looking for a source for good quality 18/4 wire per what I gleaned from this thread. I am also going to need parameters if you have them. I don't know what kind of documentation will come with it if any. The smallest VFD cable I saw on AutomationDirect was16/4. Could I use this https://www.automationdirect.com/adc...8_awg_shielded ?
    I am going to mount this as a second spindle on my mill for PCB cutting and engraving.

Thanks
    John

im very confused about this grounding issue

I understand the importance.. around the 60's electric stuff weren't double insulated so we grounded everything
    mainly to the water pipes, they were made of lead in that time.. so that was a good grounding point..

today as someone pointed out at the main breaker the ground means real grounding..

what I know in worst case all electricity going down to the ground pole..

I going to check this video
    and thank you about the wire gauges

im very confused about this grounding issue

I understand the importance.. around the 60's electric stuff weren't double insulated so we grounded everything
    mainly to the water pipes, they were made of lead in that time.. so that was a good grounding point..

today as someone pointed out at the main breaker the ground means real grounding..

what I know in worst case all electricity going down to the ground pole..

I going to check this video
    and thank you about the wire gauges
    Not at all electricity returns to the source, the supply Transformer, if it goes anywhere else it will be dangerous if you come in contact with it

That is not what a Ground is all about, watch the video this is important for everyone that does anything with electrical wiring, Hobby or a qualified electrician, some of it may seem boring but still worth looking at, what used to be thought of as a Ground problem, most likely never was, this is a different approach and is also how the NEC electrical code should be used and interpret
    Mactec54

I

Is this the main service Ground Rod you are talking about, or an additional Ground rod, if it is an additional Ground Rod it has to be bonded to the Main service Ground rod or can be very dangerous if it is not, here is a Video on code requirement's for Grounding
    Thanks for posting Mac, thats been a Code requirement for many, many years. Some states do not follow any kind of codes and that is where the problems start.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Page 9 of 14 7891011