584,829 active members*
5,040 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > MACH3 SOFT LIMITS – Main screen soft limit button will not illuminate

MACH3 SOFT LIMITS – Main screen soft limit button will not illuminate

Hello All-
    I am new to machining and this is my first post. I have yet to run any code on my cnc mini mill. I have learned enough Fusion360 to create some basic objects and I am ready to explore their CAM and run a test file on some balsa foam.

I have run into the following soft limit problem as well as the slow zone not functioning. The Mach3 HTML file is attached:

* Main screen soft limits button will not illuminate, even when I Ref All Home to my limit switches
    * Slow zone will not functioning when ref all home, but ref all home is working
    * Mach3 HTML file attached

I am new to machining and have yet to run any code on my cnc conversion mini mill. I have learned enough Fusion360 to create some basic objects and I ready to explore their CAM.

Thank you for your time!

Below is my setup:

Mach3?Win7.xxxxx
    Probotix PBX-RF breakout board running Probostep drivers
    (2 limit switches per axis with ref all home working)
    eStop wired to board
    LMS mini mill with CNC Fusion conversion

Re: MACH3 SOFT LIMITS – Main screen soft limit button will not illuminate

If the Soft limits button would not turn on after homing, then you probably have your limits configured incorrectly.

Slow zone works together with Soft limits. If Soft limits are turned off, so is Slow zone.

Slow zone has no effect on homing (because during homing the machine does not know where the limits are).

I tried loading Mach3 with your XML file. Are you sure this is your actual config? It seems to have all inputs/outputs disabled, and the soft limits have default values (-100 to +100 for all axes).

Re: MACH3 SOFT LIMITS – Main screen soft limit button will not illuminate

One thing that caught me out and might be worth checking: somewhere in the settings is a toggle for whether the machine coordinates are zeroed on homing. Mine, it was switched off. So when I homed the machine it didn't set machine zero, it just went home physically and left the coordinates alone. If that was way off in the boonies, soft limits didn't work. Turned on the reset-on-home and everything just started working.