586,009 active members*
4,855 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HobbyCNC Pro review

I've just finished assembling my HobbyCNC Pro board. The instructions where very easy to follow and I think its a very nice board. The overall component layout is quite good, however I would have placed the power supply connections on the edge of the board.

Thanks Dave!

I agree with nearly everything you said! I also originally thought the power supply connections would have been better at the edge, but I now realise this is not so.....because my transformer is inside my control box and not outside. If the TB6 terminal was at the edge it could be more difficult to get at it, at least in my case. M2c.

I also just finished building the board and being away for a week I am itching to try it out. I made extensions for all the cabling to the outside wall of the cabinet for ease of attachment to other components. On the back is a db25 plug and (2) 10 pin screw type terminal plugs. I also have my bow power supply mounted in the box the same way. Looks a lot neater for me and a change I will make later is the stepper cables. I want to make them to a plug in style for quicker connecting to another machine.
    I also want to get the cnc web site from Dave when I get home just in case I encounter any problems. Don't like bothering anybody if I can read somebody else's fix.
    John

You can turn the headers around to let the wire enter from the side that makes the best routing. The wires could still enter the header if the connector was at the edge of the board.