Finally made a start.
Enclosure built except for the doors.
PC, control box, steppers all tested.
Machine is torn down ready for parts to be made on the X2.
Going with double nut 1605 all round using AC bearings X,Y and thrust on Z.
Could prob do with a 2005 on the Z tbf.

I've been working on the oil system first while it's in bits. Took out the ball oilers and have threaded their holes to M8x1.0. Have some 4mm push-fit swivel elbows for those and some smaller thread size ones the same for the screws.
Think I'll have to do the Y axis motion before I fit any tubing etc so I don't damage any fittings while the saddle is being tossed around.

The stock design on the Y axis is crap. Table nowhere near centred and it's nut position means it can't go all the way back to the column. To get truly more than 165mm it needs a head spacer and then the table hanging off the front at least 50mm.
Not a fan of that.

The way I'm planning to go about things is to clean up the underside of the saddle and fit the nut further forwards.
Z bellows are being removed and replaced with the roller cover mod attached to the head and the saddle so it moves with both.
When this is all complete the saddle will go all the way back thus achieving a true 185mm with an overhang on the dovetails around 30mm in either direction.

I'll get there eventually and I'll put a pic or 2 up soon.
Enclosure doors will be the last job.

Starting off basic.Steppers running off 36v & 60v.
Using 1600oz/in Z and 425oz/in on the X,Y with Mach3 controlling.