585,996 active members*
4,222 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Acramatic 850mc tool changer align problems

Question Acramatic 850mc tool changer align problems

When I try to align the tool changer on my Sabre 750 with the Acramatic 850 control I'm getting "unload spindle tool" but there is no tool in the spindle. I have manuals coming, but they seem to be lost in USPS hell for now, so I'm trying to keep moving along best I can without them.

Found it. someone had messed with the drawbar plumbing, so it was normally released, and when you pressed drawbar release, it actually clamped. Swapped the lines where they belonged and it aligned fine. Tool changer seems to be working properly, but I can't get the tool changer to come out manually to load tools. I think "mechanism jog" should allow me to do this, but that button doesn't seem to do anything, and it feels funny. I'm thinking the contacts are shot

Re: Acramatic 850mc tool changer align problems

You may need to have the axis aligned first. Check the air valves for the cylinders on the tool drum.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services