585,766 active members*
4,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

guitar bodies

hi guys

I'm looking for 3d models of electric guitar bodies, if anyone can help me post them on here please....

As I have offered in many posts before, send me any 2D blueprints and I can try to make 3D models out of them for community use here.

I have ArtCam and other tools for modeling most folks on here don't have, but don't have the facilities to physically cut anything larger than a few inches.

Just Send the 2d drawing and I'll make them 3D. Dxf, Dwg, or even on paper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Stepper Monkey View Post
    As I have offered in many posts before, send me any 2D blueprints and I can try to make 3D models out of them for community use here.

I have ArtCam and other tools for modeling most folks on here don't have, but don't have the facilities to physically cut anything larger than a few inches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powershaper View Post
    Just Send the 2d drawing and I'll make them 3D. Dxf, Dwg, or even on paper.
    Guys if you really want to do the 3d from 2d thing and post it here for the community here is a site that has tons of guitar dxf and dwg files.

http://www.guitarbuild.com/modules/m...oads/index.php

I would love to help in this, but I honestly can't afford the time. Trying to make a living is hard work! Especially when you are always behind the 8-ball!

Let me know if there are specific guitars needed and I can at least do some searching to see if I can find them.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Vicros:
    My model is almost done. If you like it I may share it with you.
    It was made in Powershape, and I can sent you an IGES file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails quase completa.jpg   transparente.jpg  

so i need to know that, if i am to have a 3d version, is that then able to be take to a cnc machine and cut out, or are there other steps.

and also i am looking for a 3d version of a ibanez rg model. i have a 3d model of a jem but i dont want the handle cutout. if someone has one of these please please please send me a copy of it to [email protected].

cheers

Once you have the 3D solid model you are good to go as far a machining your Guitar on a router.

Once you have a 3d model...

It's just a matter of programing and milling.
    And having an available cnc or router...

http://3design-andre.blogspot.com/

Solid Model, CNC Program, Machine part on CNC Router, Sand. That's it

Powershaper,

Great looking model by the way.

ok cool thanks for the help guys. i shall take it to a factory around the corner from mine which has a cnc and try it. will post photos and let u know how it goes if its successful :P lol

cheers

you dont need 3d model for cutting on a cnc...the only surfaces you need in 3d are the contours and neck backs

dbassva:

You are right but I personally prefer to have a 3d model at hand wen cutting a guitar like this one.
    Or an arch top like the Gibson ES 355

The Jem Body is from Martim Guhl, i just edited it, removed the handle and smothed the edges. Thanks Mike

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails soft jem.jpg   simulating 2.JPG   simulating 3.JPG   JEM.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Powershaper View Post
    dbassva:

You are right but I personally prefer to have a 3d model at hand wen cutting a guitar like this one.
    Or an arch top like the Gibson ES 355

The Jem Body is from Martim Guhl, i just edited it, removed the handle and smothed the edges. Thanks Mike

do you have the dxf files for that? or any files where i could edit in 3d with solidworks or autocad? thanks

Hello i want to make a gibson flying v and a jackson rhoads can you guys give me some blueprints or the measurements of those guitars?

anyone familiar with the laguna swift for making guitar bodies and necks thanx chris

the body does not require a 3d file ,this one here is a dxf file cleaned and modified a bit
    to create the gcode,then into mach3 and cut it.This is the simple part,but for the neck you need a 3d file

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7uuFaQdzAU"]YouTube - guitar rev[/nomedia]