I am trying to use my Patriot shopmaster lathe to do some threading. I've been having a lot of trouble getting it to work so I called support and they sent me some info. I put the machine spindle into manual mode on the VFD and set the dial so that my STrue reads 350 on the dot and then I set my speed in mach3 with S350 so they are the exact same. I have it set to constant velocity and according to the threading information I was provided everything is set correctly. The only difference is I am not using the feedback function under the spindle setup as I was told by Shopmaster that it is not necessary when using the spindle in manual mode on the VFD. I am using the threading wizard provided with the machine and I have it set for 1" in front of the thread for the Z start so the motors have plenty of time to get up to speed. I have tried pass depths of 0.005" and 0.0025", one is 16 passes for a M14 x 1.5 thread and the other is 32 passes. The problem I am having is that the tool does sync well with the spindle and does not thread properly, instead it shifts over slightly every pass and ends up not cutting the correct thing. Anyone else have any success threading and can maybe help me out here? I am trying to make a longer bolt to hold the new quick mount tool holder I bought and it seemed like the perfect project for some lathe threading.

Below are my settings. The ports and pins shown are the only ones enabled so I didn't grab a screenshot of the rest.