585,932 active members*
3,809 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Best manufacturer/Machine for a beginner

Hello all. So here comes the question that I am sure everyone at one time or another has asked. Does anyone know of a good, all-around, laser engraver (or at least a good manufacturer) that can be used on wood (primary) and possibly metal (secondary). My budget would be anywhere from $300-600. I currently have a CNC machine for carving so I am up to speed on the operation of said machines but I am clueless on laser strength or pretty much anything specific to laser engravers. I would not mind having a bit more power for room to grow into. As far as size, I would prefer to have minimum of a 15" height with a possible open ended table for unlimited length. If it is one that can set on the material, that would be great also. If you need any other parameters, please do not hesitate to contact me and ask. Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.

Re: Best manufacturer/Machine for a beginner

Never seen budget machine with >minimum 15" height<, actually probably with $ 2000 will be not easy to found anything close to your needs.
    With €300-600 budget probably something closer to 1.5" height and 8x12" size, no "pass through" see lasers called K40.
    Polish @ Éire

Re: Best manufacturer/Machine for a beginner

By height, I meant length x width, not z height. I will check out those out.