585,763 active members*
4,282 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Mechanical Calculations/Engineering Design > About the safety settings of the hosting elevator

About the safety settings of the hosting elevator

The elevator is a daily essential tool
    In fact, as a tool that has been invented for more than 100 years, the safety of the elevator has been continuously improved, so you don't have to worry about it. Below I will elaborate on the three safety guarantees for the hosting elevator

First, the elevator will have a device called a speed limiter. The principle of this device is to use centrifugal force. When the rotation speed exceeds the rated value, the speed limiter will open the safety switch to avoid the elevator stalling.

Speed ​​limiter
    Then when the elevator is overspeeding, the elevator will have an automatic brake brake. This principle is similar to our brake system. However, it is completely automatic and can fix the car on the track, which increases the safety performance.

buffer
    In addition, the elevator has a buffer installed at the bottom of the elevator. When the elevator falls to the pit, the lowermost buffer will catch the car, thus absorbing energy and avoiding passenger injury.

Therefore, with the protection of these three measures, the safety performance of the elevator is greatly improved. In addition, the elevators are regularly maintained and replaced by parts, so there is no need to worry about any safety accidents in the elevator.

Re: About the safety settings of the hosting elevator

The main thing is that the lift is always serviced on time.

Re: About the safety settings of the hosting elevator

A great piece of advice. Thank you. I am not a professional in the area, but as they say, if you want something done right, do it yourself. OFC, I'm not going to install an elevator myself But I at least want to be able to notice if the builders are doing something wrong. There was an incident during my brother's house construction. The builders and the architects didn't understand each other, and the lift that should've been installed inside ended up outside the house. It looks like a fridge on the wall now. That is why I tried to educate myself on the topic and hired some professionals from https://hinchong.com/lift-maintenance-singapore/. I sure don't want to have a fridge on a wall of my house that wouldn't even be able to stop properly.