585,760 active members*
3,628 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

acramatic 2100 want boot

New post old problem. I have a arrow 750 with a acramatic 2100 control. Startup shows shows "internal error SEV_SYSTEM_FAIL_CHANNEL_ID the error is 0x80016. I also get a system fail 4000f. My DV5 board shows fault. Bridge board lEDs come on and go off like it should. No software loads. Windows NT loads. WS CPU is 3-424-2290a02,
    RT is 3-424-2171a01. I replaced batteries in both boards. Voltages were around 2.5 on each. Any help is appreciated.

I'm wondering if its a bad DV5 board or if its the BIOS. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Any help would
    be greatly appreciated .

Re: acramatic 2100 want boot

If you replaced the 2 batteries without supplying a battery backup then you lost your BIOS in the rt board and the BIOS settings in the wsrtc board.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Did the alarms start before you replaced the batteries or after? If immediately after, then its pretty clear the BIOS on the WS and RT boards is at fault. If the alarms were coming up first and you changed the batteries in an attempt to solve the alarms, it is less conclusive because you could have lost the BIOS prior to changing the batteries or you could have had an unrelated issue in your control (could be DV5, but could also be other items as well), and now you will be trying to solve 2 issues at the same time.

As Meckardt said though, if you changed the batteries, 99% chance both boards now have BIOS issues.

Thanks for the replies Meckardt55 and Maver1ck. I value your inputs. I have read a lot of post on these forums and know that you guys are very knowledgeable and respected here. I did have issues before changes the batteries. The machine would be running great then make a loud noise like the z axis dropping and being caught by the break and set an alarm which i don't remember but it said something about real time. It wasn't z axis because it would sometimes happen while in a cut and there wasn't any visible signs of axis movement. I would restart the control and it would be fine. There has lately been another issue with the power to the cpu's just turnoff which also would require a power cycle and came back up and ran fine.

I did attempt to apply a piggy back battery before replacing the other battery to keep voltage to the boards but I have no way to be sure if I succeeded. I have looked at the WS cmos but have nothing to compare to to. It acts like it's loading but fails on the servo. The LED'S an the bridge board come on with 1-green and 3-red but as it loads all reds turn off. I hope this is enough information to at least help point me in the right direction . If anyone has the CMOS settings for my ws cpu that I can compare to I would appreciate that.
    Thanks very much for taking the time to read and reply .

Quote Originally Posted by REPOOC123 View Post
    Thanks for the replies Meckardt55 and Maver1ck. I value your inputs. I have read a lot of post on these forums and know that you guys are very knowledgeable and respected here. I did have issues before changes the batteries. The machine would be running great then make a loud noise like the z axis dropping and being caught by the break and set an alarm which i don't remember but it said something about real time. It wasn't z axis because it would sometimes happen while in a cut and there wasn't any visible signs of axis movement. I would restart the control and it would be fine. There has lately been another issue with the power to the cpu's just turnoff which also would require a power cycle and came back up and ran fine.

I did attempt to apply a piggy back battery before replacing the other battery to keep voltage to the boards but I have no way to be sure if I succeeded. I have looked at the WS cmos but have nothing to compare to to. It acts like it's loading but fails on the servo. The LED'S an the bridge board come on with 1-green and 3-red but as it loads all reds turn off. I hope this is enough information to at least help point me in the right direction . If anyone has the CMOS settings for my ws cpu that I can compare to I would appreciate that.
    Thanks very much for taking the time to read and reply .
    Can someone please tell me how I can get a copy of my bios and firmware to my machine . I see plenty of links to help but most of them are dead links. I can get installed .
    Thanks

I can reflash the BIOS and do it regularly on site for local customers, or companies send the boards to me to do it and ship it back to them.

The only other official support I know of is Siemens (which owns the Acramatic control product line) and Cincinnati as the machine Tool builder.

Thanks Maver1ck. I probably will have to send it to you. I have it up and running on my bench and it has indeed lost bios. I just hung up with Siemens and they want 350.00 to talk to their support about it. I not saying its not worth it but I am forced to wait until I can afford to spend the money. I would rather pay you then them. Its their equipment that has failed. Seems to me that I should be able to get a copy because It was paid for when the machine was bought. I understand that if I sent them the board they would have labor involved. I would even pay a reasonable amount for it but they had rather let a machine set because of it there isn't much I can do but wait.

You can get the BIOS setting from FIVES machine for free. They are the company who owns Cincinnati Machine. If you have the recources to change the BIOS yourself on the WS board, then I would contact them and get the settings you need and do you it yourself. However, if you cannot change the setting on the WS youself, then yes, you will want to send it to someone to do for you. It sounds as if you are able to view the WS BIOS settings, so sounds to me you can do it. I think you are under the assumption you need to pay for the BIOS settings, and you do not. You need to pay to have someone do it for you however. Hope this makes sense? Below is the contact info.

Fives Machining Systems, Inc. (Fives - Cincinnati) Machine Tool Services & Solutions
    2200 Litton Lane Hebron, KY 41048 – United States
    Tel: +1 (859) 534 4750

Thanks for the reply. I have got my cmos set but it still want boot. With the RTCPU in diagnostics show everything passes but conv servo fails and nt loads but no machine software will load. Tells me it cant find sev16.dll ect. If I take my RTCPU out the machine software loads all it can without it. No 4000f alarm or sev-system_fail_channel _ID. My RTCPU boots fine on the bench. Hopefully someone recognizes whats going on here.

Machine finally running . Had to replace the DV5 board.