584,829 active members*
4,957 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > 3040T Y Axis Issue (Accelerates and decelerates, but not stops during constant movmnt

Angry 3040T Y Axis Issue (Accelerates and decelerates, but not stops during constant movmnt

Hello, I apologize for possibly beating a dead horse here, but I have a problem with a brand new 3040T machine (from China) that I can't seem to figure out or find duplicate posts about.

It's the Y axis output of the controller (Model D-T). It will accelerate on input from the software, and then stop moving when it reaches speed. Then at the end of the movement command it starts up again to decelerate. I've already isolated the problem to the Y axis output of the controller box. I've swapped wires and then motors and the problem persists on the Y axis. I've also plugged the Y axis motor into the X axis output and it performs flawlessly. Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong here? I'm very well versed in 3D printing, but this software is very, very foreign (pun intended) to me. Thank you in advance for any/all help/advice!

Here's a link to a video of the problem on my GDrive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17C...kmapGS01yB_ZBg

-Robb-

Re: 3040T Y Axis Issue (Accelerates and decelerates, but not stops during constant mo

Hi
    check each motor setting in the motor set up section for steps and acceleration.
    dont go mad with acceleration.
    nema 23 run ok on 2000 accelration of 1000
    nema 17 i find needs to be roughly double that depending on issue of machine.

it sounds like the issue is that the settings o nthe acceleration are set way too fas t and the motor reaches top speed and trips then on the next command deceleration it then starts again and motor then moves again to a stop.
    adjust just thet acceleration till you get it something like and working the full range.
    make sure the program hasnt got too fast a travel speed set (typo maybe) effectively overdriving what the motor can actually do.

hope this sorts things

Chris