585,967 active members*
4,290 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chinese Laser Cutter - hasnt been right from the start

Hi Folks,

i have a 600x900 laser cutter with an 80w tube, bought from china. It uses this controller:

What i found initially, was the scaling was a bit off. So if i used the machine to cut a 3cm x 3cm square, it was 3 and a bit cm's; workable, but not ideal.

What i found is that when i used the supplied rotary tool, the scaling was worse and the image was was trying to engrave seemed like it was stretched.

I recently had a power outage in the middle of a cut, and i'm now getting a "No Enough Extend Space error" :-/

i've read a fair bit on the forums and i'm looking to do two things:
    - confirm that the scaling was actually setup for the stepper motors the first time correctly. Could someone give me some guidance on how to map the X & Y stepper motors properly to the controller settings in RDS works Vendor settings?
    - Confirm that the laser head actually knows where it is relative to the working area to prevent the no space error?

thanks!

Nathan

Re: Chinese Laser Cutter - hasnt been right from the start

You will have to go into the vendor settings and change the step length. When you open your laserworks go to file vendor settings. the password should b RD8888 you will want to read the settings and then save them with a name you will know. that way you can always go back to the old ones.