Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
No Resolution is lost if it was, your servo drive would go into a fault mode

Again you are fixated on resolution, there are many ways to solve this buy buying the right servo and Encoder to start with, or a lower count encoder and use mechanical gearing, machines have had this capability for years nothing new in what you are trying to do, mill turn machines are every where

The snip I posted was to show you that you can get this step resolution quite easy, which you keep saying you can't

You have no concept at all of what you are trying to do, I have done it so know how it works

Yaskawa
Mitsubishi
Delta
And others
All have a servo system where you could use there servo and servo motor direct drive and have an even much higher accuracy for indexing than what you are looking for, plus 3000RPM for turning all capable of being run by Mach3
No man, you're still not getting it and I feel like you're not even reading my posts. I never once said you can't get that step resolution, you just can't get that step resolution AND high rpm. I've repeated it literally like 10 times and you just turn it into something else. Yes, you can get the resolution back with mechanic gearing. What happens then? YOU LOSE THE MAX RPM. I'm going to repeat it again. It's very easy to get as fine of resolution as you want, but not at the same time as getting high rpm along with it. Yes, many mill turns out there. They either use drives and servos worth thousands of dollars with higher frequency capability, or they use dual drive with magnetic clutches to engage one or the other. I understand what the limitations are and that i have to find a happy medium between speed and resolution, but your claim of not losing resolution when increasing electric gearing for higher rpm capability is just flat out wrong. Somehow you are going around in a circle and not realizing what the final result is. Yes you can have higher electronic gearing and get your resolution back by gearing it down mechanically, but you've just gone in a circle and brought your max rpm back down with mechanical gearing.

As for the brands you mentioned that can hit 3000 rpm with .005 degree resolution, they either have 3mhz plus frequency drives, which I doubt unless they are thousands of dollars, or you're once again flat out wrong.