584,808 active members*
5,242 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Milacron Cintimatic 5VC-750 - Power Up Issue

Milacron Cintimatic 5VC-750 - Power Up Issue

So went to buy tool holders from a guy that has them all loaded in this Milacron. The issue is we can’t get the machine to fully power up so we can jog the tool changer to unload the holders. We twist the power switch on the back and you can hear the fans cut on. Some of the cards light up in the rear cabinet. The instructions say to hit the master power (or something like that) once to turn on the controls/monitor and again to activate the hydraulics. Pushing this button does exactly nothing. Nothing on the control panel lights up. Does anyone have any idea what we could look at to getting this thing powered up enough to jog the tool changer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Milacron Cintimatic 5VC-750 - Power Up Issue

You may have a bad control power supply, do you have the electrical prints?? You may have lost the operating software.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

It seems like the better person to ask is the person who owns the machine.

My guess is it died and he wasn't willing to spend the money fixing it. If that is the case, it is not something you can just ask how to make it work (the power on sequence you mentioned should work if everything in the control is OK) without troubleshooting what is wrong with it.

I have seen the power supplies fail a couple times, and based on your description, seems like a likely scenario so you can start by verifying if the power supply has proper incoming and outgoing voltages.

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    It seems like the better person to ask is the person who owns the machine.

My guess is it died and he wasn't willing to spend the money fixing it. If that is the case, it is not something you can just ask how to make it work (the power on sequence you mentioned should work if everything in the control is OK) without troubleshooting what is wrong with it.

I have seen the power supplies fail a couple times, and based on your description, seems like a likely scenario so you can start by verifying if the power supply has proper incoming and outgoing voltages.
    Unfortunately the owner died. The gentleman handling the estate doesn’t know much about the machine and is not a machinist. I’m just concerned about getting the tool holders out the tool changer as I’m trying to buy all of them. I will just have to see if I can check the power supply unless there is a manual way to jog the tool changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk