584,865 active members*
4,913 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Kitamura > Kitamura Minisuper 300 Retrofit

Kitamura Minisuper 300 Retrofit

Hello,

I could get a Kitamura Minisuper 300 from 1987 from a spanish campany in my near. The machine fails in the electronic, and the old owner has bought a new machine with the same control, so he take out all electrical/electronical components as spare parts.
    My idea is, to strip down the machine, clean all parts, new color, replace all damaged parts, change the ATC to a newer/faster mechanism and replace the elecronic with a Beamicon2 control.

The machine comes with a truck, but the crane could not place in my workshop. After 14m he stopped, because the machine was to heavy.
    So I must drop outside in the street.

Re: Kitamura Minisuper 300 Retrofit

Here the next part:

Ok - now I need to dissamble the machine. Kitamura has a very nice machine build. All it?s very clearly mounted, you don?t need special tools.

Someone has rebild the machine and used Turcite-B, but the oil-channels milled through the material - this is very bad for the stability and for the glue.

And here I ordered the new Turcite-B:
    Turcite-B

Take off the old cables, trafos etc. was 148kg, and I?ve got 43Ç from the recycling company :-)

(to be continuied....)

Re: Kitamura Minisuper 300 Retrofit

The ball screws:

and the last parts for cleaning:

I think I need one or two days more to take off all the old oil, grease, chips...
    Then I can start with the painting task.

This week I must also get the new Turcite-B films, so that I can start with glue them. After this job is done, the cross table was shipped for flat grinding in a special workshop (on the other side of spain).
    The fanuc servos I will replace with Moog-Servos (due the encoder problem of the fanuc ones. They have pulse encoder but only a poor graycode for the UVW).

So far for this week...