584,837 active members*
5,307 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Miltronics VM 25 with 7 control

Miltronics VM 25 with 7 control

VM 25 Miltronics 7 control, Hello, some of the user parameters (0-99) on the machine I run have numbers in them, should I worry about this or use them anyway? there is only one guy that ran this machine from when it was new and he don't ever touch a parameter of any kind, could these numbers be from the factory? also is there a way to look at the tool setting program? I have read all the posts about setting the Z in the work coords and I do this for a lot of jobs I run, it works fine as long as all my work coords Z's are zero before I set them, and yes I have the parameter set to not use work coord for tool setting. thats why I want to see what the tool setting program is doing. I think this program is using the numbers in work coords Z. other controls I have ran with tool setting programs it didn't matter if there was a number in the work coord Z or not. I did see someone on here wrote a macro to get around this, but I would like to stick to the factory program if I can. thanks for any help

Re: Miltronics VM 25 with 7 control

Hi Positive, you are not clear if the machine has a tool setter, or if you are using the "RUN, TL set program.

turn on block mode and it will "step" you thru the program, the text code will display on the screen in the MDI line or go to Display and distance, and it will show multiple lines.

go to parameters Cords, and check your G5x for any values in the Z axis. ( usually used for a touch off block or a tool setter)

the P0-99 are usually blank, maybe a custom M / G code is using them. if they are not called out they do nothing. the parts counting program may be using a couple of them.
    Check you display for # of parts and compare to the settings you see in P0-99

sportybob

Sportybob, yes Im using the RUN, TL set program, Im trying to get the machine not to use the z offset in the G5x in the tool H offsets. I'll take a look. thanks for the tips.

There is a MISC parameter "G54 in Z axis" that may have been tuned on. this would place a "F-key button" in Z hand wheel to set the G5x Z value. toggle that parameter to NO. that will turn off that "F key.
    it is useful if using a touch off block or height gage.
    sportybob

Yes I have that turned on and I am using a touch off block, I guess I will just make sure that all my Z numbers in the work coords are zero when setting tools and Z work coords or do like someone on here (dont remember his name) and go the macro way, I think he was having the same problem. thanks for the reply sporty.

Quote Originally Posted by positiverake View Post
    Yes I have that turned on and I am using a touch off block, I guess I will just make sure that all my Z numbers in the work coords are zero when setting tools and Z work coords or do like someone on here (dont remember his name) and go the macro way, I think he was having the same problem. thanks for the reply sporty.

Hi Positiverake, Turn that parameter off. That way it will not display G5x in Z. then it will just have and use the "Z tool" to your top of part.

sportybob

Call if you have questions.
    952-288-6340 "open" til 9PM CT.

sportybob, I must not be explaining what I'm trying to do very well, I will give you a call. thanks