584,830 active members*
5,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Partner 1F movement twice what display reads out

Partner 1F movement twice what display reads out

Fired up a new to me Partner 1F last night and have some issues. The previous owner had it running on single phase 220 but i'm not sure if he ever cut any chips with it. I have it running 1 ph 220 on L1 and L3. I was going to indicate in the vices and noticed the machine actually moves twice what the display is telling me. In handwheel i click it .001 and it indicates .002". Move it .100 on the control and it actually moves .200. Looked in the axis parameters and the encoders are set to 1000 pulses and the scale factor is 1.000. Any thoughts?

Re: Partner 1F movement twice what display reads out

Maybe set it to 2000 pulses (or 500?)
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

My partner 1E and 1F with DC drives are set to +10000 with an encoder multiplier of +2Attachment 416068

Sorry the pulses are 10,000 like you said RL, I tried to set the multiplier to 2.0 and that made no difference. Do I need to power down for the changes to take effect? I did notice any time I edited that field be it to .5 or 2.0 when I went to home the z axis appeared to over travel it's switch. Change it back to 1.0 and it homes fine.

I do believe you have to power off to take effect

Hi Johnson. try setting the encoder multiplier to 1. Cycle power. try a Jog "distance if about 5inches and measure with a tape measure.
    Some times the pulleys have been changed from 2:1 to 1:1 ratio and so the multiplier would need to change.

sportybob

I changed them to 2.0 and was able to get it to home, seems like that's when it finally took. All is well now and it moves as expected. I had to turn the rapids down in the parameters when I first fired up the machine as the axis were faulting out, I suspect that's because it was trying to go twice as fast as it was supposed to! The machine has some other issues but i'll post those in a seperate post.