585,932 active members*
3,534 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FANUC SERIES 0-T

Hi everyone, i own a fanuc series 0-t ACE LT-2CNC that i buy from second hand like 2 years ago. Now im trying to use it but the manual its a bit messy and dont understand some things, my biggets problem its i want to know how step by step y program or enter a process of a piece, a mean how to enter the g codes manually . other thing its an old cnc and it has a RS 232 port and i dont know how to transfer the nc file to the cnc lathe. if someone could instruct me please and thank you!

Re: FANUC SERIES 0-T

Basically what you're asking is for someone in an online forum to teach you how to program a CNC machine tool. This is something you're going to have to do yourself. You can download nearly every Fanuc OT manual ever written free online. Programming. Operations. Communications. Hardware. You name it. The answers to your questions are in those books. You might also get Peter Smids CNC Programing Book. That's how I learned. It is very good and can be purchased online.

You will need some type of software to transfer your files from the computer to your lathe. I use dnc4u. Works great. Check it out. Google search RS232 Fanuc serial communication. You'll find dozens of articles with diagrams on wiring a cable and setting the control to communicate with your computer.

Enter G code into the machine in PROGRAM / MDI mode. Each line ends with the EOB ( ; ) character and you use the INSERT button to to load what you've written.

You've got to spend the hours learning how to do this. Maybe you can find a mentor locally to help you.