584,798 active members*
4,244 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Buying NEW VFD for 2.2KW Spindle (OLD VFD died)
Page 5 of 5 345
    Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    I have a photo tach, works on light bouncing or reflected back from either a white mark or reflective tape on the target. I used it to calibrate my speed control pot I have mounted remotely
    on my CNC machine. I think I got it from Harbor Freight a few years ago. Its pretty accurate as I have checked it again a known RPM. Its possible your motor speed is varying and the read out is not
    showing it because its mechanical.

https://www.harborfreight.com/digita...ter-66632.html
    I checked the RPM with a tach I borrowed and it was rock solid,no variation when running.

Re: Buying NEW VFD for 2.2KW Spindle (OLD VFD died)

Quote Originally Posted by Rickpt View Post
    Any brands or places to buy. For some reason all the 30A models on Amazon and Ebay are shipped from China.
    SCHAFFNER FN2020-30-08 EMI POWER LINE FILTER, 30A, 870UA

It's more money but most suppliers have them, this may not make any noticeable difference to how the spindle is running but will help clean up the main power supply
    Mactec54

Post Hello something interesting I want you all fplks to start checking out!

Qué tipos y modelos de piscinas de arena existen en la actualidad?

Podemos encontrar una gran variedad de modelos prediseñados, por arquitectos con prestigio, que son muy populares y demandados, por el público general, y que podremos visualizar en la web, pudiendo elegir cada uno de ellos.

Sin duda se tratan de modelos similares, pero con pequeñas diferencias, por lo que, escogeremos el modelo de piscina de arena, que más nos guste, para nuestro lugar de residencia.

Es cierto, que en todo momento podremos construir nuestra piscina de arena, con las medidas, que queramos, aparte de otros detalles importantes, como la profundidad, los distintos sistemas de depuración, y distintos accesorios que harán nuestra piscina única e inigualable.

Será una oportunidad única, para traer a tu propia residencia, la playa de tus sueños, dando un ambiente y una estética, al conjunto del hogar, totalmente fresca e innovadora.

http://ecopiscinasdearena.com
    Last edited by ecopiscinas; 07-13-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    SCHAFFNER FN2020-30-08 EMI POWER LINE FILTER, 30A, 870UA

It's more money but most suppliers have them, this may not make any noticeable difference to how the spindle is running but will help clean up the main power supply
    Thanks
    I ended up ordered a TDK-Lambda #RSEN-2030 yesterday from Mouser.
    Should I stop worrying about the unusual noises the spindle makes. Other than the strange noise the spindle runs and cuts fine. The noise this spindle is making is not very loud,no where near as loud as the last spindle.
    I am assuming since I already bumped the carrier frequency to 10 that there isn't any other parameters to change.

Thanks
    I ended up ordered a TDK-Lambda #RSEN-2030 yesterday from Mouser.
    Should I stop worrying about the unusual noises the spindle makes. Other than the strange noise the spindle runs and cuts fine. The noise this spindle is making is not very loud,no where near as loud as the last spindle.
    I am assuming since I already bumped the carrier frequency to 10 that there isn't any other parameters to change.
    Good Choice of Filter and cost is ok as well

Does the spindle only make that sound when at the 12,000 RPM range
    Mactec54

Yes I thought it was a good price also.Should be here Tuesday
    The sound starts out as a lower frequency sound at 6000 RPM and increases in frequency as the speed increases. At about 19000 you can hardly hear it anymore. Here is another video from 6000 to 24000 rpm.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/QSAXg3Daq8r2gPUBA

Hey mactec54 if you get a few minutes please take a look at my latest video in the last post and let me know what you think. I have two more days before my 30 day return period is up with Amazon so If I need to exchange anything it will be much easier.
    Thanks for the help

Hey mactec54 if you get a few minutes please take a look at my latest video in the last post and let me know what you think. I have two more days before my 30 day return period is up with Amazon so If I need to exchange anything it will be much easier.
    Thanks for the help
    I don't think changing the VFD will make much difference you could try though, the spindle sounds about average for these low cost spindles

PD041 up to 12 but check for the spindle getting hot

Have you added the Power Filter
    Mactec54

I think I will run with the way it is since it really doesn't sound that bad. The power filter is coming today so I will get that installed.
    Thanks for the help

Change these Parameters for your spindle

PD006=8

PD007=20

PD009=15

PD010=8
    Mactec
    I was just double checking all my settings and I just realized that PD007 Min Freq.=20 is larger than PD006 Intermediate Freq=8 should these be reversed?
    Thanks

Mactec
    I was just double checking all my settings and I just realized that PD007 Min Freq.=20 is larger than PD006 Intermediate Freq=8 should these be reversed?
    Thanks
    PD007 is the Starting Frequency for ramping up to speed

The Intermediate parameter's are related to the torque of the motor being driven, PD006 and PD009 are related and can be adjust while running, if one is adjusted the other needs to be also to keep the V/F ratio correct
    Mactec54

Page 5 of 5 345