Hi,

I’m very nearly getting my 4th rotary axis to work correctly but not quite 100%.

I have set the rotary 4th axis to run in parallel with the Y axis (standing at the front of the machine Y runs away front to back). I can get the gcode to run up and down the length of the stock on Y axis and it indexes its way round the 360 the X axis until the part is cut. However when I use the opposite strategy and have the x axis rotate 360 and move incrementally up the Y axis it rotates CW 360 and then back CCW 360 continuously until the job is complete.

I would rather it just continued CW milling for the whole job. My question is how do I get it just to keep turing in one direction?

In Mach 3 I must need to check or uncheck Rotational: Rot 360 rollover, Ang Short Rot on G0, Rotational Soft Limits. I think I currently have all of them unchecked. Perhaps this is infact a post processor issue and not a Mach 3 one, just a thought..

I have a second question about rotational speed. I had the machine set up the other day to automatically change the speed of rotation depending on where the cutter was in relation to radius of the object its trying to mill. This is particularly useful to me as I intent to mill objects with a radius up to 500mm. I did have this working in Mach 3 but have no idea how I got it to work now. Any ideas where I should look.

Cheers