585,722 active members*
4,040 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 16iM M99/M30 problem

Niigata HN50C Horizontal mill.
    I just recently wrote a program to have the spindle come down to the table to pick up large tools.Here is how it operates:
    Program:
    O10
    Calls blank tool
    Calls O9000 program)
    Calls pallet change macro O9003
    JUMP back to O9000 with M99
    Tells you to remove blank tool (must go into manual mode)
    Goes to tool pickup position
    Tells you to unclamp tool
    Calls previous pallet (change macro O9003
    JUMP back to O9000 with M99
    Jump back to program O10 with M99
    Ends program O10 with M30

Now, everything works except that M30 at the end of program O10 is acting like an M99 and starts program O10 all over again.
    Why would that be?

Re: Fanuc 16iM M99/M30 problem

It might be that because you're using a pallet machine, there is a work number search after an M30. If you have program O10 entered into A and B pallet work area, it might just be restarting work on the next pallet. Check your work number area if you have one and leave them blank or put all zeros. That or simply add in program O10 an M1 right before your M30 and turn on your Optional Stop button. I do this on my pallet machine (of a different type) if I'm not in full production and want to have tighter control of the pallet change work number sequence. Once I'm ready again, it's one tap on the green button and I'm off and running from the top.

I don't know your particular machine, but it might be possible that if you have no programs listed in the work number area of the control (again if you have this) the machine may just continuously run the same foreground program over and over.

I have seen this if the ladder has M30 in the FIN line (G4.3 coil in the ladder)

Hi CadCamSam, I am new to CNC and need your help. I have a NIIGATA HN50C and accidentally deleted my parameters and macros (9000 files). I have no backup. Any chance I could get you to send me the parameters and macro files? Thanks.