584,826 active members*
5,084 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Turning > DPRNT from Fanuc 0i to windows

DPRNT from Fanuc 0i to windows

Hi guys.

I'm currently having some trouble on a Fanuc 0i Toshiba VTL. The problem is this:

I want to have some parameters saved as .txt such as spindle time, tool changes, etc. I'm trying this simple macro to do this..

%
    O8700 (IMPRESION DE FECHA Y HORA)

POPEN

DPRNT [DATE:**#3011[80]]

DPRNT [TIME:**#3012[60]]

PCLOSE

M99

%

I got it to work using a DNC software called Multi-DNC. The problem is that I want it to do it automatically, but this software requires to click an icon on the pc "Receive".

Do you guys know of any way to save directly to a windows folder without using the DNC software? I'm currently using the RS232 connection.

Thanks.

Good luck with spectrum Multi-DNC. They have awful tech support.
    I would STRONGLY recommend contacting Joe Hackman at Managed Solutions. He is brilliant and deals with Cimco.
    We had nothing but problems with Spectrum and PC-DNC. Cimco is the way to go.

Re: DPRNT from Fanuc 0i to windows

I have used FTP client from the machine to an external FTP server. Set up an FTP server with static IP, username, and password. Must be plain old FTP.

On the 0i controller:

• Configure FANUC FTP Client to connect to external host under SYSTEM Embedded Ethernet
    • Select the host (Connect to host 1)
    • Set I\O Channel = 9

When you DPRNT, files will be written on the FTP server where they can easily be collected from a computer.

Re: DPRNT from Fanuc 0i to windows

Quote Originally Posted by Metrologist View Post
    I have used FTP client from the machine to an external FTP server. Set up an FTP server with static IP, username, and password. Must be plain old FTP.

On the 0i controller:

• Configure FANUC FTP Client to connect to external host under SYSTEM Embedded Ethernet
    • Select the host (Connect to host 1)
    • Set I\O Channel = 9

When you DPRNT, files will be written on the FTP server where they can easily be collected from a computer.
    CAn the DPRNT output also be sent to an internal memory card? Older Fanucs had a PCMCIA card and the newer Fanucs have USB.