585,690 active members*
4,817 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DPRNT from Fanuc 0i to windows

Hi guys.

I'm currently having some trouble on a Fanuc 0i Toshiba VTL. The problem is this:

I want to have some parameters saved as .txt such as spindle time, tool changes, etc. I'm trying this simple macro to do this..

%
    O8700 (IMPRESION DE FECHA Y HORA)

POPEN

DPRNT [DATE:**#3011[80]]

DPRNT [TIME:**#3012[60]]

PCLOSE

M99

%

I got it to work using a DNC software called Multi-DNC. The problem is that I want it to do it automatically, but this software requires to click an icon on the pc "Receive".

Do you guys know of any way to save directly to a windows folder without using the DNC software? I'm currently using the RS232 connection.

Thanks.

Re: DPRNT from Fanuc 0i to windows

Look through the help files for "Remote Request". I believe that's how Multi-DNC handles DPRINT functions.

This is from an old piece of sales literature (and it's all I have):

Sending other data to Multi-DNC and Unique Remote options
    Remote can also be used to capture and store other types of data that are output from CNC controls, such as formatted values output from probing macros
    or SPC gage output, as long as the data is preceded by the string of characters specified in the Capture section of the Remote dialog. Remote has new
    Sending options that allow you to start a Send at a specified Line number or at a Tool change point, or send a file a multiple number of times. Remote can
    now “redirect” its Commands so that certain CNC controls such as some models of Fanuc 0 and Fanuc 16 can use Remote even though they cannot edit
    Comments at the control. Remote can also now be set up to automatically search all sub-folders below the preset path for the requested file name, which
    enables more complex Windows folder arrangements for file management. Remote can now use prefix – characters automatically before a requested
    filename as well as postfix – characters added automatically after a requested filename.

Dcoupar is correct. Multi DNC has a remote function. If this Oi is a newer vintage, fanuc also has ethernet software available that should do this, and the software was cheap, like $25.00.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Dcoupar is correct. Multi DNC has a remote function. If this Oi is a newer vintage, fanuc also has ethernet software available that should do this, and the software was cheap, like $25.00.
    If you're referring to the Fanuc Program Transfer Tool, I've used it for program management (transfer programs, etc. to & from CNC memory while sitting at the PC) but I wasn't aware it would work "unattended" like the DPRNT w/ Remote does.

I can look Monday, I remember having to set that side up. My memory is not great, but there is another section to connect to the fssb? side, similar to the data server. I also remember the fanuc transfer program updating almost real time, since it stays connected. Then I could be wrong, and thinking about the servo tuning software or ladder software.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk