584,817 active members*
4,983 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Help on VFD Settings Isacon Power Control Tech A2

Help on VFD Settings Isacon Power Control Tech A2

Hi people I have an Isacon Power Control Tech A2 VFD running a 2.2kw 400hz water cooled spindle, I am thinking the VFD is a rebadged AskPower but not sure, I ran it a few times short spurts no load as I don't want to run it without the right settings.

(Australia is 220V and 50Hz)

Config parameters all start with PN, I am not having much luck finding any setup configs hoping someone can point me in the right direction seems like there is a surplus of these in Australia at the moment.

Eventually, I want to have mach3 control and have found a post on the old forum for wiring if it is an askpower but can't access the wiring diagram logon won't work :-(
    I have a g540 as well as and external cheapy Bob

Just not having much luck.

Hopefully i have placed this in the right place.
    Last edited by Austa; 03-20-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Re: Help on VFD Settings Isacon Power Control Tech A2

Quote Originally Posted by Austa View Post
    Hi people I have an Isacon Power Control Tech A2 VFD running a 2.2kw 400hz water cooled spindle, I am thinking the VFD is a rebadged AskPower but not sure, I ran it a few times short spurts no load as I don't want to run it without the right settings.

(Australia is 220V and 50Hz)

Config parameters all start with PN, I am not having much luck finding any setup configs hoping someone can point me in the right direction seems like there is a surplus of these in Australia at the moment.

Eventually, I want to have mach3 control and have found a post on the old forum for wiring if it is an askpower but can't access the wiring diagram logon won't work :-(

Just not having much luck.

Hopefully i have placed this in the right place.
    Found with google Search > https://cdn.hackaday.io/files/255641...0UserGuide.pdf

Most of those drives are pretty much the same. You might find more info on here with a Search for setup for spindles. Mactec54 is an expert on VFDs.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Thanks wmgeorge

They look almost the same, besides mine doesn't have a potentiometer and not having a data serial port.

PN 01 Different
    thinking the above is to set RPM?
    PN 13 Different
    PN 14 Different

I have attached the Config Parameters as well as the control ports pages to make it easier and as a reference. hopefully this will help guide others in the future when I have it sorted.

Link to the User Guide http://www.et.byu.edu/~sorensen/A2%20VFD%20Manual.pdf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190321_070821-v2.jpg   20190321_070727v2.jpg  
    Last edited by Austa; 03-21-2019 at 03:31 AM.

Not sure what going on but now I have to different accounts on CNCZone the one on my Laptop is Austra on my laptop wouldn't let me recover my password, but my workshop PC still has the old password (getting confused lol) anyway I found these number in another thread from mactec not sure on PN14 though?

Pn02=400
    Pn10=400
    Pn12=400
    PN08=15
    PN09=15
    PN11=120
    PN14=10 Not 500

Quote Originally Posted by WillyInAus View Post
    Not sure what going on but now I have to different accounts on CNCZone the one on my Laptop is Austra on my laptop wouldn't let me recover my password, but my workshop PC still has the old password (getting confused lol) anyway I found these number in another thread from mactec not sure on PN14 though?

Pn02=400
    Pn10=400
    Pn12=400
    PN08=15
    PN09=15
    PN11=120
    PN14=10 Not 500
    The 500 is the Default it should be 400 for your spindle
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The 500 is the Default it should be 400 for your spindle
    Thanks, Mactec much appreciated I will change it is there anything else that would pose an issue in your mind :-)

I have set PN 01 to 24000 as from what I am gathering that relates rpm?

Quote Originally Posted by WillyInAus View Post
    Thanks, Mactec much appreciated I will change it is there anything else that would pose an issue in your mind :-)

I have set PN 01 to 24000 as from what I am gathering that relates rpm?
    Yes these are a strange VFD PN01 is only a display so may not relate to what RPM it is running but worth a try

PN14 is not active unless PN13 has a number so it does not matter what was in PN14 that would of been why it was still at the default, playing with torque can be tricky with this VFD Drive, if you find that you are stalling the spindle really easy then look at PN13 but start with a very low number as these spindles don't take much to fry them if you apply to much torque
    Mactec54

Thank you Mactec54 Much appreciated.

I am a new member who recently purchased the A2 series VFD and is using a g540 and was wondering how to hook it up to have MACH3control the spindle and not sure how to wire it. I have the manual but I am not very good with electrical so I was looking for some help