585,761 active members*
4,050 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Newbie

Hi. Im new to this forum and to CNC machines as well. Im trying to learn Mazaks and have no idea how to program. I've looked several online courses out there like mastertask and griffosbros. but I have a low budget. Im also reading a lot online about g and m code, but nothing really in-depth. So, does anyone know if the cnc academy course on cnc machine centers is worth it? Any help would be really appreciated. Oh, Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum, there are many choices out there but couldnt find the "newbs with dumb questions" forum

Oh, come on guys. Can anyone help me?

Master task is very good. Step by step from the beginning. Not many classes offered outside of mazak themselves.

2 ways to program

if you want to learn simple programing then use cam-m2 and m32 on mazaks-there known as conversational programing,but if you want old school then learn g-code,im very exsperinnced on both but now do work that conversational could never figure out,as a new guy to this work with conversational and you will find all kinds of it on differnt makes of machines,okk,myanos okuma they all have there own version of this type of programing,it seams to be the way of the futre for young handle programing easer,as for me i like the control i get by programing g- code and do it all out of my head,this way i control every move the machine makes,but its up to the younger generation to learn the new ways be it for better or worse lol,good luck and i wished more younger people would look into this bussness,terry