Hi guys

Not new to CNC, but new to ArtCam. I've managed to cut out a few things and it worked quite well, but at this point I'm trying to design a branding stamp I will use for leather, here is an example.

I would like to make it quite small (size is 1.75x0.75")

Here is the same image in ArtCam with a v-bit carving applied (I am using 0.1mm 30 degree engraving bits for finish

The problem I'm having is that it is taking over 3 hours to produce this tiny piece on my machine (converted Bridgeport Series 1).

I would like to be able to use an endmill to clear some of the unwanted areas, but every time I add one in the "roughing tool" part of the v-bit carving menu (1/8 is the smallest I have), I get the error saying no material will be cut with the endmill. I'm okay with that, but there are some areas (the border around the letters for instance) that I don't need to be tapered with the v-bit. Ideally I would want it to be cut all around with the endmill (straight), and maybe a finishing cut on the top edge of it to make it smooth (even then, not a big deal).

How do I choose some areas to be cut with the endmill, and others with the v-bit specifically? I've tried adding more rectangles and selecting vectors and a bunch of different things, but I just can't seem to get it to work.

Here is a picture of the finished simulation:

The letters are perfect with the tapers, but as I mentioned, I don't need the outside borders to be tapered as well, it just adds so much unnecessary time, but I don't know how to get around it.

Any guidance would be appreciated! I'm just trying to lower my machining time.

On a side note, I saw someone else posted a picture of this somewhere,

Does anyone know what program that is from? I don't believe it's ArtCam