585,605 active members*
3,259 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Giant pandas too fat to mate
    WallCrawler Guest

Giant pandas too fat to mate

Conservation workers have introduced an exercise regime for giant pandas in Chinese zoos because they're too fat to mate.

The overweight pandas have such difficulty with the opposite sex that it's hampering breeding efforts aimed at conserving the endangered species.

"They're fat, their limbs lack strength, and they run out of gas quickly after standing up to have sex," panda expert Tang Chunxiang said at a conference in Hong Kong.

Pandas are being encouraged to lose weight and strengthen their limbs. They need help to get through the mating season, which usually starts in March and last three months, reports Xinhuanet.

More than 140 pandas live in captivity around the world. Chinese experts are teaching survival skills to some captive pandas with the hopes of releasing them into the wild next year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 91141.jpg  

Ron,Ron,Ron,Ron,Ron,
    Where do you find this stuff? Paul could you please take him
    out for a beer or two or three.

PEACE

The yellow orb in the sky is your friend.

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

He is a copy paste kinda guy likes to share the thoughts of others. Like i said before he is CNCzone news anchore.

There are many posts that have very remote connections to CNC, but this has got to set a record for been the furtherest from it.

This is not a critisim. I enjoy these posts. The largest diesel motor post was terrific.
    Being outside the square !!!

I have a term for news snippets like these, i call it "useless info"LOL! But let's face it, it's these news snippets that makes life so interesting!
    Ron, i don't know where you dig up these snippets, but i enjoy it very much! Keep it up!

Klox
    *** KloX ***
    I'm lazy, I'm only "sparking" when the EDM is running....

WallCrawler Guest

Oh boy.

One day you will say Ron.

Go outside and try to find a fat Panda. LOL

LoL, you're prolly right, Ron.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

WallCrawler Guest
    Originally posted by Rekd
    LoL, you're prolly right, Ron.

Actualy thanks to Tang Chunxiang's perseverance panda bears maybe wil be able to repopulate asia again. His effort to save the specie is remarcable and his stamina is worthy of recognition.
    There are way too smal amount of pandas in the wild and the intrusion of people in theis habitat does not result in nothing good. Panda's strenght comes from digesting bamboo leaves wich almost have no nutrients, pandas may look fat but the energy they need to subsist comes with 18 hours of eating bamboo leaves and just to digest those leaves it takes good deal of energy. This lack of energy is why panda's need help to survive.

It isnt going to be a fun planet with the only species being ourselfs.
    And extintion of one specie always leaves the sistem unbalanced and other species and flora gets affected, remember Australia fauna changes with introduction of other species like rats, rabbits, cats, dogs,camels among others.

Australia has the unfortunate distinction of being the continent in which the most mammal species have become extinct over the last 200 years. Changes brought about following European arrival, in particular widespread habitat alteration and the introduction of exotic species, have led to the extinction of 19 mammal species from Australia. A further 10 species have disappeared from the mainland but still occur on offshore islands. Museums are among the few places where specimens of these recently extinct species can now be found.
    Australian Museum Online
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wtmg_two.jpg  

WallCrawler Guest
    Originally posted by Konstantin
    Actualy thanks to Tang Chunxiang's perseverance panda bears maybe wil be able to repopulate asia again. His effort to save the specie is remarcable and his stamina is worthy of recognition.
    There are way too smal amount of pandas in the wild and the intrusion of people in theis habitat does not result in nothing good. Panda's strenght comes from digesting bamboo leaves wich almost have no nutrients, pandas may look fat but the energy they need to subsist comes with 18 hours of eating bamboo leaves and just to digest those leaves it takes good deal of energy. This lack of energy is why panda's need help to survive.

It isnt going to be a fun planet with the only species being ourselfs.
    And extintion of one specie always leaves the sistem unbalanced and other species and flora gets affected, remember Australia fauna changes with introduction of other species like rats, rabbits, cats, dogs,camels among others.

Australian Museum Online
    Their cute. You just want to go and pet them and hug them and call them george.

A line from Bugs Bunny...........

Aren't pandas in the same family as raccoons, or some other funny critter like that?
    -Please check out my webiste-
    http://www.teilhardo.com