584,812 active members*
5,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Probably dumb FS6 vs BMI questions

Probably dumb FS6 vs BMI questions

I apologize as I know this has been covered a thousand times here. From what I understand the Fanuc 0 series controls use FS6 addressing. Is this still true for the versions C and D? Is there any option to use BMI? I want to use a zero full size operator panel with a 15A. You can see it in the lower half of this pendant box:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/802472...posted-public/
    I found a post where TC429 had posted a generic ladder and the addressing for what I think is the same op panel I want to use which would be extremely helpful.
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc...oftware-3.html

Would I need to completely readdress that posted ladder in order to work with the 15? I'm beginning to see the magnitude of the task I am undertaking. I was under the impression that as long as I used a fanuc op panel the addressing was hard wired coded to functions and the ladder only concerned external I/0, but it seems it was only that way on older controls. It looks like I will have my nose in the books for quite a while trying to wrap my mind around this.
    I don't expect people to do the grunt work for me, I just don't want to re-invent the wheel if someone has already interfaced this panel to a 15A.

I considered just using a 0C control instead as then I could use what TC429 had posted, but I don't think the 0C can do continuous path 5 axis.

I still don't have a way to modify or write a ladder in PMC NA, but I think I can for the 1/J which seems to use the same addressing. If I could to that I could probably find someone who has the stuff to convert the ladder from I/J to NA.

Anyone care to chime in?

Re: Probably dumb FS6 vs BMI questions

Looking at it now I see there is a board called the "connection unit" that resides in the pendant. The regular M1 and M2 50 pin connectors from the op panel connect to and that board converts the signals to/from Optical, where a fiber optic cable connects to the control. That must be why the addressing is different than the Zeros that actually hard wire into the I/O card on the main board. I forgot about that connection unit / fiber optic interface. The display connects with the regular MR25 connector and regular copper wires. I'm guessing there is another "connection unit" of some sort for the machine I/O too. The one the donor one had looks like a huge yellow PLC rack. I'm hoping a smaller less complicated one exists similar to the board in the pendant. I'll have to look into it.