585,715 active members*
4,524 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Programming DSE Lite for Parker AC10 Inverter

Programming DSE Lite for Parker AC10 Inverter

I'm Arthur and I've been happily running a little Chinese router, till both it and the PC blew up! Literally.
    PC: PSU - bye-bye. New PSU and we're back.
    The router, well, not so easy. I'd have thought is was easy...replace motor's PSU (as in inverter) and...er...no. For speed of getting it back into action, I bought a new Inverter (a Parker AC10) only to find I need to enter the motor parameters. Okay. Well, the AC10 accepts motor speed values unto 30,000 rpm: My motor: 800W / 400Hz / 220V and...ah: 24,000 rpm. Great. That fits. So, off we go?
    No chance!
    AC10 has only a four digit display for manual entry and the last I looked 24,000rpm = five digits.
    To enter this most basic of parameters, I now need to buy a PROGRAMMER. Smoke starting. A DSE Lite, I was advised and after delay upon delay upon delay it was duly purchased and...Well the instructions might as well be in Chinese. Nowhere, neither in the instructions or Youtube can I see a worked example to even being to fathom out what to do. Apparently I can change font and colour in boxes and...But, where and how the blazes do I actually do any real work and enter just that one single, simple parameter of rated speed. Once entered the AC10 will then do everything else. I don't want it to fly me to the moon; I don't want to remotely multi-function this or that. it is a simple, AC motor that needs to be run up to a single speed of 10,000 rpm and left alone for the rest of its life. That is its sole job and nothing else. That's it.
    so, guys, how do I do it?
    And having been so bewildered by the instructions which assumes you're degree trained in programming, if you'd be kind enough to tell me preferably in words of one syllable.
    So, Help, please and thanks in advance.

Re: Programming DSE Lite for Parker AC10 Inverter

Do you have a link to the user manual for the DSE Lite? I find it odd that parameter 804 is read only in VFD setup.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA