584,837 active members*
5,374 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > SignMaking > Signmaking Topics > Blind mounting APC to a rock

Blind mounting APC to a rock

I have a customer that wants me to route out his logo and blind mount it onto a large stone (I think it is sandstone because it was sandblasted at one time). What I've came up with is cnc riuting 2 logos for each side out of 6mm ACP & drilling counter sunk holes into the back logo then mounting anchors into the stone & bolting the back logo sold then using some type of epoxy to mount the front logo to the back logo. All hardware MUST BE stainless I don't want it to rust.

My questions does this sound like the most perminate way to do this?

Will the sandstone hold the anchors? & what are the best anchors to use in sandstone for durability?

What type of adhesive / epoxy would be best to mount the 2 logos together? I dont want to see a gap between the 2 pieces. Has anyone ever used any of the Lords adhesives?

Thank you
    Gary

Re: Blind mounting APC to a rock

Do you intend to have the logo stood away from the sandstone or flush up against it?

I like to use 3M VHB Double sided tape or Soudal TRex-FastGrab adhesive. In both cases, you need to sand/scotch brite the ACP and clean with IPA beforehand for a super bond.

Sometimes I undersize the second layer so it cant be seen easily.

Quote Originally Posted by T3aSpoon View Post
    Do you intend to have the logo stood away from the sandstone or flush up against it?

I like to use 3M VHB Double sided tape or Soudal TRex-FastGrab adhesive. In both cases, you need to sand/scotch brite the ACP and clean with IPA beforehand for a super bond.

I
    Sometimes I undersize the second layer so it cant be seen easily.
    I want to have between .5" to 1" standoff. The sandstone is not smooth, it is basically a large sandstone boulder / rock so I don't think the 3m VHB would hold by itself. I'm not familiar with the Soudal Trex product so I'm not sure about it but I was figuring that I would need some type of mechanical fasteners.

Thank you
    Gary