584,842 active members*
4,053 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > OT I've been a bit busy with other things.
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: OT I've been a bit busy with other things.

Do you have a
    (FIRST CUT - FIRST TOOL)
    comment in block 2 of your post processor?
    If so you can add a pause command long enough for your coolant system to prime and start delivering good flow, after the line in that block with
    coolant_on
    insert a line with
    "G4","?##"
    Where ? is the character used for your machine to define a pause time in seconds and ## is the number of seconds, the post processor will pass through the characters in inverted commas and the comma between the two groups of characters will be parsed as a space.
    Any use?

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Yeah,I imagine it to be a common problem for most machines,if you get an Einstein moment,please share
    James

Does you HAAS have the programable coolant nozzles that point the coolant to the end of each tool no matter what the length, if so if memory serves right I did hear somewhere that there should be a built in delay in the control where the nozzles are set to the tools that can be toggled on/off/set, don`t know the age/level of your control so if yours is an early one it may not have that facility or I may have got it all wrong and it was a different make of machine !! (Playing the "age card" here )

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I've had a lot going for the last couple of years including Sterno-Clavicular Joint failure, eventual repair surgery and recovery, losing my Father and dealing with his estate and some other distractions.
    I have spent very little time making things over the last year or two, but that's about to change.
    I'm getting to the end of installing and commissioning my new mill, I eventually settled on a Syil X7 as the largest thing which would fit in the space available to me.
    I went with the full enclosure Combo model, the Siemens 808d Advanced controller with Siemens axis servos, drivers & spindle servo, a 12 tool auto tool changer, 4th axis and flood coolant and 10000rpm spindle.
    The factory very kindly added to my order at no additional cost an air blast nozzle, laser mapping of the ball screws and 12000rpm spindle.
    I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things sometime next month,
    Regards,
    Nick

I'm still running V25 BTW ;-)
    It sounds like you've had a lot going on. Very sorry to hear about your Father, I could only imagine the loss. I'm glad it sounds like you've weathered most of the storm and came through upright. And of course it's great to hear you are back to making things! The machine sounds very cool and capable for your space limitations. I would love to see what it can do.

It sounds like you have sorted out most of your issues. Nice work, the documentation wasn't as good as it is now. I rarely have to use scripting these days but I was always trying to push BobCAD to the limits. Now it's all kind of built in! The scripting is still invaluable for machine specific limitations as you all seem to have discovered.

I also have had a run of it lately after my grandfather passed a few years ago. My father suddenly had a lot of things to deal with, much like you describe and I know how tough it was for him so again I think I understand a bit what you have been going through.

That kind of left the shop for me to take care of and we now have 10 people and 14 machines with 2-3 trucks a day of material coming in and parts going out. I wasn't ready and I didn't think I had the experience (20 years in but I was in my late 30's) but I managed with a great crew of people, patient customers, and great software at my hands.

I'll look for a few simple scripts that could be modified to solve some of your issues. Jr you have some sample code for me to look at? I also have Haas machines and I understand the slow coolant problem. I approach parts by default 2" above the part before starting the coolant, but I also rarely run the machines at full rapid so it's just enough time for the coolant to make contact unless it's early in the mornings. I run the coolant as part of the warmup to prime the pump.

I don't get back here as much as I'd like to gang! I still try to peek in from time to time but I'm learning the hard way what kind of time it takes to run a business like 10 other peoples lively hood depend on it. I still probably spend too much time on social media but it's a nice outlet. Glad to hear you are still at it Nick, enjoy the new machine
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mastercam X9/2017 Multiaxis for SolidWorks - Bobcad V29 3ax Pro 4ax Std.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Try to get "sbs cycle" "RTM ****" user on this with you. Havnt seen him around on this forum. May still be on other forum...

You 2 may be helpful to each other!
    It's good to see you and thank you for the kind words old friend. I don't really use many forums at all these days other than Facebook to keep up with local friends, it seems that's the only way people communicate these days, no one makes a call anymore. To be fair, I don't do much but work these days

I hope all is well and you are still making your beautiful reels. Your talents have always been appreciated and your personal advice and help can never be repaid. Some day we have to tip glasses :cheers:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    James

Does you HAAS have the programable coolant nozzles that point the coolant to the end of each tool no matter what the length, if so if memory serves right I did hear somewhere that there should be a built in delay in the control where the nozzles are set to the tools that can be toggled on/off/set, don`t know the age/level of your control so if yours is an early one it may not have that facility or I may have got it all wrong and it was a different make of machine !! (Playing the "age card" here )

Regards
    Greetings Rob! I have the programmable coolant on a few of machines, I'll try to check that out tomorrow. It is painfully slow and you can hear the pump "dead head" when it comes on if it has been sitting for a while. There is a setting that will delay movement until the spindle comes up to speed, it makes sense there may be a coolant delay as well. Good thinking and hello!

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    It's good to see you and thank you for the kind words old friend. I don't really use many forums at all these days other than Facebook to keep up with local friends, it seems that's the only way people communicate these days, no one makes a call anymore. To be fair, I don't do much but work these days

I hope all is well and you are still making your beautiful reels. Your talents have always been appreciated and your personal advice and help can never be repaid. Some day we have to tip glasses :cheers:
    Well, that'l warm a guy up. Thanks! Right back at you!

Everything on hold for us right now. I have v31 and havnt been able to dig in... puts my brother on pause too.

SBS TY
    if I could the first Z rapid as I program at 20,that is just the right time for coolant to be working

Now if if I could get all the Z rapids that follow to go say 50 that is what I was after

Without hand editing that is

I am on V 28
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've just re-worked the plumbing on my VMC and it now takes 1s to good flow and 2s to full flow after leaving it overnight!
    Bonus!

I've just re-worked the plumbing on my VMC and it now takes 1s to good flow and 2s to full flow after leaving it overnight!
    Bonus!
    never happen on a Haas,,,never
    and if the coolant does not start by the time you begin cutting .......you probably know the rest

I kinda figured as much
    That pause I described hard coded into the first tool change block of your PP as I described will allow you to set the correct delay for fluid to lift prior to your first cut though.
    Regards,
    Nick

It appears to have worked Nick.By that I mean the posted code looks good.
    I will find out Monday for reals.
    TY very much

I should add,also along with your fix in block 2,you must also do it in block 3,which pertains to after a tool change.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    I should add,also along with your fix in block 2,you must also do it in block 3,which pertains to after a tool change.
    Cool, sounds good!
    A shorter pause after the system primes at the first tool perhaps?
    ATB,
    Nick

Cool, sounds good!
    A shorter pause after the system primes at the first tool perhaps?
    ATB,
    Nick
    yeah,it is not just a prime thing after not running overnight,,just takes a couple seconds to start again after it is turned off

One way Solenoid Valve fired by the same relay/contactor that does the coolant pump maybe ???
    The line would remain full, no drain back.

Regards
    Rob

Page 2 of 2 12