585,708 active members*
3,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help with Fanuc 401 Error

Having some issues with a 401 error and not sure how to solve this. Any help would be appreciated

OK so I've double checked the JX1B -> JX1A cable and I actually made a new cable 1 to 1 to guarantee that it worked following this pinout:

I put a jumper on JX1B of the SVM using this pinout

I know my IO link cable works as it is working on a servo amp that has a built in power supply. I know the parameters are good on the NC as I can run this servo amp and I get 0 on the screen.

I have now set everything up as per our conversation but still no luck. No faults apart from 401 and the PSM never tries to come out of "--" and the contactor never fires.

I have tried 3 SVMs and 2 PSMs all which were repairs but only had bad fans and capacitors. There's a chance that they dont all work but seems slim to me.

I have in the past made a jumper for JX1B which grounds IALM and MCCOFF, with this jumper in place I can get the contactor to fire and the PSM to go to 00. with the regular jumper of 5 and 6 jumpered nothing happens.

Here's my current setup:

Is there a chance that the NC needs to be parameterised differently? I say this as my second head servo amplifier never enables even though it is plugged in correctly, maybe its expecting to see more units?

I'm stuck - any further help would be most appreciated.

thanks!

Re: Help with Fanuc 401 Error

I have had the 401 error in the past. You don't say what SVM you are using but it sounds newer than the 6058 and 6066 I was dealing with. Your pics are not working showing your cabling and jumpers. It sounds like the psm/svm are waiting for a machine controller on / or machine ready kind of signal. Lots of things could hold that up you would have to know what conditions must be met for that signal to be met. In my case I think it was the lube system that was hanging things up. There are parameters to disable an unused axis??
    Fortunately you should be able to find the info on your control parameters and SVM connections online with this newer stuff.

Re: Help with Fanuc 401 Error

What machine are you on