584,802 active members*
4,988 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC and Anodize Ongoing Production

Hello,

The project I am currently working on is a protective slider for an engine cover on a 2006-19 Yamaha R6 motorcycle, and I am looking for a manufacturer that can complete the work. The first order will most likely be 50 units CNC machined from 6061 aluminum, with subsequent orders to follow. Tolerances don't need to be particularly strict, +/-0.5 mm should be fine. I realize that there are several sharp interior corners on this model (See attached) that will need to be radiused, so if need be just let me know the minimum radius you need and I will update the model. For the finish I would like to have 25 units in anodized black, and 25 units in anodized gold, keep in mind that it needs to be resistant to fading because some of the customers motorcycles are kept outside 24/7. If you need a different CAD file format, just let me know and i'll make it happen. If you are interested, would like more info, or have any input for me just let me know!

Thanks!

Re: CNC and Anodize Ongoing Production

You seem to have private messaging turned off.

What software did you use to generate the file, AutoCAD won't open it and Fusion brings it in as a point cloud. Do you have a .step or iges file?
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Can you send step or soliworks or parasolid file? [email protected]
    Thanks.

Sorry about that, private messaging should be on now.

I created the file with Rhino 6, I haven't had any luck uploading anything other than .dwg and .dxf on here but I can send you a step or iges file via email if that would be better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jtshop View Post
    Can you send step or soliworks or parasolid file? [email protected]
    Thanks.
    I just sent you a step file to you a little while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by THughes View Post
    Hello,

The project I am currently working on is a protective slider for an engine cover on a 2006-19 Yamaha R6 motorcycle, and I am looking for a manufacturer that can complete the work. The first order will most likely be 50 units CNC machined from 6061 aluminum, with subsequent orders to follow. Tolerances don't need to be particularly strict, +/-0.5 mm should be fine. I realize that there are several sharp interior corners on this model (See attached) that will need to be radiused, so if need be just let me know the minimum radius you need and I will update the model. For the finish I would like to have 25 units in anodized black, and 25 units in anodized gold, keep in mind that it needs to be resistant to fading because some of the customers motorcycles are kept outside 24/7. If you need a different CAD file format, just let me know and i'll make it happen. If you are interested, would like more info, or have any input for me just let me know!

Thanks!
    Could you send an .igs to [email protected] ? We have loads of experience making side covers, this would dovetail into our production nicely.
    Thanks in advance,
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCreekGary View Post
    Could you send an .igs to [email protected] ? We have loads of experience making side covers, this would dovetail into our production nicely.
    Thanks in advance,
    Gary
    Definitely, I just sent you an email a little while ago. It's good to hear that you have experience in this field, we are working on designing a couple other engine covers as well, so you may be hearing from me again about those in the near future!

We look forward to that, Ted. In addition to our extensive contract manufacturing experience (35 years) we enjoy designing and manufacturing our own lines of merchandise, mostly in the adventure sports market (shooting sports, paintball, and motocross accessories mainly have been our focus) as that is what we spend our free time enjoying. We do a lot of custom work in the same field as well, racers and hotrod builders always seem to sniff us out! Looking forward, always! Thanks for sending over the files, our best man is on it as I type this- Gary