584,829 active members*
4,837 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > HELP! Dardi waterjet,NewCAM,Fagor & WinDNC

HELP! Dardi waterjet,NewCAM,Fagor & WinDNC

Thank you for reading my post!

I have two main problems here:

1. We had a new computer and installed , which we where using fine on the previous computer. We have the USB dongle and its driver too. However, when starting NewCAM waterjet, it still shows error code 20. I have gone through all solutions indicated from its official site but the problem remains. Anyone has had similar issue and solved it?

2. Actually I am a new employee and there is no one training me. I have no clue how to transmit NC code to Fagor device. What I know is that it uses Bluetooth and the software might be WinDNC. Any one could help me with a brief instruction? Thank you so much. I have watched many Youtube tutorials but none seems to help.

Thank you very much. I really want to do this job good.

Re: HELP! Dardi waterjet,NewCAM,Fagor & WinDNC

Hi, could you help to check if the control is Fagor? Is there USB port on the machine control panel?
    Does the NEWCAM works well on the previous computer still?

I never heared that NC file would be transfered by bluetooth.

My suggestion is that solve the problem step by step:
    You could solve the NC transmission issue first If the NEWCAM could runs well in previous computer. At present, almost all machines transfer NC file by USB or Ethnet port, older machines use floppy disk or RS232 port.

Re: HELP! Dardi waterjet,NewCAM,Fagor & WinDNC

Yes, it is Fagor and I do see a USB port on it. Now I have successfully transmitted files by USB, but I am pretty sure the previous engineer did it by Bluetooth and he said Bluetooth is more reliable (though I don't understand why). He said a long time ago they were using a direct cable transmission, but files are easily damaged or faulty somehow, still I don't understand why that would happen. Anyway now we can do USB and it seems good to me.

Yes Newcam does run on the old PC, as currently I am working on the old PC now. It seems that we don't face any issue if we just stick to the old PC and USB, but it just feels bad that our hardware upgrade is meaningless.

Thank you so much anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by gunash View Post
    Yes, it is Fagor and I do see a USB port on it. Now I have successfully transmitted files by USB, but I am pretty sure the previous engineer did it by Bluetooth and he said Bluetooth is more reliable (though I don't understand why). He said a long time ago they were using a direct cable transmission, but files are easily damaged or faulty somehow, still I don't understand why that would happen. Anyway now we can do USB and it seems good to me.

Yes Newcam does run on the old PC, as currently I am working on the old PC now. It seems that we don't face any issue if we just stick to the old PC and USB, but it just feels bad that our hardware upgrade is meaningless.

Thank you so much anyways!
    Glad to here the news, contact CutLeader please when you like to upgrade software, it supports waterjet machine well and automatic nesting is available, we would give you a good price