Hi everyone, I've just joined this forum needing some design help, and from a brief flick through the various topics, it looks like I've got a lot of reading to do!

I'm designing an enclosure for a PCB, which requires sealing against external pressures (namely external dust and water, standard electronics enclosure requirements). Attached is a quick mock up of one side of the enclosure, showing the following:

1. A wall thickness of 5mm (machined from 6061 aluminium).
2. M2 screw threads drilled and tapped into the wall of the enclosure.
3. A channel in which the o-ring/cord will be placed.

The second attachment is an excerpt from the following site, which provides some basic sizing guidelines for static axial seals:

https://www.aceseal.com/gland-design...al-application

In my diagram, I've selected the 1.02mm o-ring (which corresponds with the -001 standard size), with a 'Groove' width (w1) of 1.4mm and a 'Gland' depth (D) of 0.65mm. While not exactly the same as in the above link, I've found these two dimensions elsewhere in similar guides.

The question I have, as someone who has never done any form of industrial design, nor any type of CNC or machining work, is the design as shown and explained above practical? I.e. if I take a CAD file to a CNC machinist, will they be able to route a 1.4mm wide, 0.65mm deep channel along a 5mm wall thickness piece of aluminium, with only 0.475mm between the wall and the channel?

Any input, guidance or alternative approaches to creating a seal against external liquids with a 5mm (or less) wall thickness with M2 screws would be greatly appreciated!

jars121