585,784 active members*
3,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Controller & Computer Solutions > SMC5-5-N-N Chinese controller - anyone have experience with it?
Page 4 of 5 2345

Re: SMC5-5-N-N Chinese controller - anyone have experience with it?

Quote Originally Posted by larry104 View Post
    I guess it will be up to us to create a postprocessor ... it's relatively easy at least to modify an existing so we get what we want. Let me confirm something with my machine before I answer the rest ...
    This is the post I'm using.

Quote Originally Posted by cyruz View Post
    This is the post I'm using.
    Thank you for sharing.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Quote Originally Posted by Biggyboy View Post
    Hi Steve,
    do you you have any updates for your post processor?
    Ive put in a request with Fusion 360 to create a custom post processor for the s course-5-5-n-n

so far I’m still having to go in and hand change my Tap file to add G90 and get ride of machine coordinates at the start of the files.

Also so what’s the latest firmware?

Glen
    Hi Glen,

have you made any progress yourself?

Currently I'm in the middle of building a DIY CNC mill and plan on using the SMC5-5-n-n too.
    After reading through this thread I went ahead and tried my luck with customizing the Mach3Mill post-processor, but cannot yet test it live.

I'm also not sure whether it would be OK to upload the customized post-processor code somewhere due to possible copyright issues.

I'd be happy to colaborate on this tho'

Hi, I've also just started using the SMC5-5-N-N. I am not yet that versed in G-coding, so please forgive me my ignorance. I have a couple of questions:

1.) I use Estlcam to generate my g-code. The command for a tool change that Estlcam uses is M06. The SMC seems to ignore that. It seems like I have to replace M06 by M00 (which is the SMC's code for pause), At least then the program stops and waits for input to continue. However, the tool also has to move to some predefined position for me to do the change and back after that. Moving to some position is easy to do, but how do I tell the program to move back to the original one to resume? Is there a 'remember current coordinate' g-code? Or is there an easier way of doing this?

2.) Anyone expereience with a tool length sensor? How would I add support for that with the controller?

Thanks, Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeterpeter View Post
    Hi, I've also just started using the SMC5-5-N-N. I am not yet that versed in G-coding, so please forgive me my ignorance. I have a couple of questions:

1.) I use Estlcam to generate my g-code. The command for a tool change that Estlcam uses is M06. The SMC seems to ignore that. It seems like I have to replace M06 by M00 (which is the SMC's code for pause), At least then the program stops and waits for input to continue. However, the tool also has to move to some predefined position for me to do the change and back after that. Moving to some position is easy to do, but how do I tell the program to move back to the original one to resume? Is there a 'remember current coordinate' g-code? Or is there an easier way of doing this?

2.) Anyone expereience with a tool length sensor? How would I add support for that with the controller?

Thanks, Peter.
    I have a feeling that the M06 command might have more chance of working if you had a machine with an ATC.Not that it can't work without,but the controller can't actually change the tool without knowing how to go about the operation and by substituting M00,you have given it a command it can execute.I presume you have the facility to store tool length offsets either in your tool library or in the controller.

Ok, let me ask differently. Does anyone know how to setup a tool change operation with the SMC? I do not have an ATC. I can write the postprocessor that replaces the M06 with an appropriate set of g-commands myself, I just don't know what the proper g-code for this would be. Something like:

1. move to my favorite tool change position
    2. stop the spindle
    3. wait for input from user
    4. pick up where you left off

1-3 I think I can handle, but 4 is what I don't know how to do. Are there g-codes for remembering a position and returning there?

Thanks.

What you describe is exactly what an M06 command should do.What you haven't got is a system that knows how to execute the instruction in the manner you describe.The next instruction following the M06 tool change should start the spindle,add a move for the tool length offset and then move to the next position to begin the subsequent operation in the machining sequence.I wouldn't know how to create the tool change routine as the machines I have used an ATC with had the routine embedded in the controller.It obviously makes a difference if the toolchanger is based on a carousel or a linear arrangement.

Hello, i'm under wiring SMC5 and wondering that my Balluff inductive sensors can be powered min10V but measured IN and GND showed 4,5 V. Should I use relay or can In more than 4,5V for limit switch?

Quote Originally Posted by kwackers View Post
    Hi, I bought this a while ago to avoid Mach 3 and a PC and it's been working well other than an issue with the probe (I couldn't get it to reset the Y when it touched).

I'm not massively familiar with G-codes etc, I 'get' what they do but I'm a lazy CNC'ist. I mostly use vCarve to generate a file full of the stuff, push it onto a memory stick, plug it in and press go.

So thanks to this thread I found the contact details and obtained a newer version of the firmware (4.0.7 apparently).
    I've installed it and set everything up but when I boot I get a "AtuoGM Data ERROR!" box appear (I assume that should read Auto), it then takes me to an AutoGM configuration dialog and at this point I'm stuck.
    I've read the bit at https://www.shaogecnc.com/smc5-5-n-n/ on AutoGM but I don't understand it, it sounds like it wants me to create a set of files but containing what?
    I don't remember anything about it on the original version (3.7.1).

So before I do a factory reset does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks.
    Where did you find the probing option? I only can probe the bed or the part on the z axis..
    Thanks

Started my install of the SMC5-5-N-N today on my mill. So far so good. I've only got it jogging around and homing. But all in all pretty simple setup to get up and running.

I was wondering what the latest firmware version is? And if anyone had a > 2017 english manual. As the 2017 one doesn't really seem relevant to the things I have questions about.

hello men.

your g53 code didn't work for me I get an error and in the controller window an option g53 mode appears: in 0 I don't know if this has anything to do with it, do you think you can share screenshots of your controller because I get an error when I create G90

G53 G0 Z0
    G53 G0 X1 Y1

G90 LOAD ERROR IN G53

THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by larry104 View Post
    Hi Glen,
    cool that you figured it out !!!! You might want to report that back to the developer ... I can confirm on the weekend with my linuxcnc machine that this is not normal behavior.
    hello men.

your g53 code didn't work for me I get an error and in the controller window an option g53 mode appears: in 0 I don't know if this has anything to do with it, do you think you can share screenshots of your controller because I get an error when I create G90

G53 G0 Z0
    G53 G0 X1 Y1

G90 LOAD ERROR IN G53

THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by blades View Post
    I just picked up one of these controllers, and as per usual the Chinglish manual is nearly useless. Seems like a decent controller, but from all my searching I'm starting to feel like the userbase is extremely thin. I've got it hooked up to my x-carve and it's functioning, with the exception of home functionality, and proper functioning of the limit switches. The limit switches work, but forces a reset and you have to manually back the machine off the switch. Wondering if this is normal for this controller. My previous DDCSV2.1 controller didn't do this.

Attachment 416692
    There's a company called V-Trust Inspection Service Group you can visit their website, they can inspect this type of product. https://www.v-trust.com

Hello everyone, I'm from Ukraine I built a five-axis machine head head I had difficulties with the machine number 8, the rtcp g code m500 function does not work correctly or I configured something incorrectly

Has anyone encountered this problem?

how to configure rtcp correctly?

hello, I have assembled a 5 axis machine head head in controller number 8 I noticed about using the G code M500 RTCP it is not processed correctly This is how it should be *If the C-axis is at 0 degrees, the A-axis rotates around the X-axis, or the rotation axis of the A, Y, and Z axes, must move so that the tip is at the single tool position.
    *If the C-axis is in the 90 degree position, then the A-axis rotates around the Y-axis, and when the A-axis rotates, the X-axis and Z-axis move to fit the tool in one design.
    * If the C axis is in the 45 degree position, and the A rotation axis for tilting the tool is in the same sense, then for motors, all three XYZ linear axes take up diagon
    al space for arc motors.

Page 4 of 5 2345