585,712 active members*
3,783 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Daewoo Ace v50 Tool Changer Problem

Daewoo Ace v50 Tool Changer Problem

Hello. I have a Tool changer issue on my Daewoo ace v50. Side mount tool changer. The machine is new to me. But sat for quite a while before i got it going again.
    My trouble is the tool changer doesnt finish a full cycle all the time. at first it was every other tool. it will change tools and swing arm doesnt quite make it back to home position and tool pot only makes it back up to about 45deg. It alarms out in same spot every time it does it. I tried with no tools in the spindle, and also with pot removed in the magazine. Thinking maybe the claw that moves the pot up and down was out of alignment and was jamming up. It did about 15 tool changes in a row this way with no alrms. so i put tool pot back in the magazine and aligned the up/down claw a little and then tried a few more tool changes. then i got about 6 tool changes before it alarmed out in the exact same position. so i took the tool Pot back out and tried it again. after about 6 tool changes it alarmed out again.
    To reset the Alarm every time this happens. I need to manualy crank the tool change motor to finish the cycle, and make prox swithes and its good to go again. I lubed up the chain that drives it and that didnt help either. Now im trying to figure out if its the Motor or something in the Cam tool change Box. Does any one hear have any idea what i can try to trouble shoot this problem.
    Thanks, Scott

When you shake the arm in rotation, or when you lift it up or down at any point in its travel does it wobble or vibrate or free move?
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

Re: Daewoo Ace v50 Tool Changer Problem

I have not specifically tried this. But with all i have done to it so far. I cant say i have felt any free play? I can try it out as soon as i get out there again.

Thank you Darryl for all your help on these machines in this Forum!!!! I have read many posts you have helped with. Do you know if there is any place i can get the books and manuals for this machine. I purchased it without any.

The moving action of the arm is accomplished through roller gear cam followers, when one of them breaks in either the up-down or the rotational Direction there ends up being a lot of slop in that direction, and sometimes you would make all actions stop as it would hit a dead zone, but based upon an inertial throw. If you find no dead spots that allow Shake then check when you are manually cranking the cam around for tight spots which would signify rust or binding.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabric8r View Post
    Thank you Darryl for all your help on these machines in this Forum!!!! I have read many posts you have helped with. Do you know if there is any place i can get the books and manuals for this machine. I purchased it without any.
    Through your local Doosan Dealer.

The moving action of the arm is accomplished through roller gear cam followers, when one of them breaks in either the up-down or the rotational Direction there ends up being a lot of slop in that direction, and sometimes you would make all actions stop as it would hit a dead zone, but based upon an inertial throw. If you find no dead spots that allow Shake then check when you are manually cranking the cam around for tight spots which would signify rust or binding.

Thanks. I also removed the chain from the motor to the gear/cam box. The motor is tight to turn by itself. is this normal or should it spin pretty freely? I will get the chain back on and turn it over and check for any play in all spots to see if I might find slop like you say would indicate a bad cam roller.
    Thanks, Scott

Drive chain? Or timing chain to proximity rolls?
    Cam should be "firm" but not "free or binding"

The chain that connects the electric drive motor to the cam box. i would call it the drive chain. Also how hard should it be to turn the motor over? like i said its pretty tight to just turn the motor over disconnected like it is. i wanted to try to turn the Cam box over disconnected from the motor. but there is no ware to apply force to then.

possible Valves/Air Cylinder seals starting to fail if, this Tool Changer uses them. Depending on age of your Machine 10-15 years is about all we get these days. Rubber O-rings etc become hard and can allow leakage randomly.

Ok, I made a coupler to attach to the cam box drive sprocket. It seems to turn over fine. No binding, and there is not much play or wiggle in any area of the travel. the most play i get is when the S arm is going up and down. but even then its not much.
    The Drive motor is very tough to turn over. is this normal? There is a wierd coupling on the front of the motor with the sprocket teeth. Is this Maybe a Brake? I am starting to think its the motor. could it be shorting out? or going bad.

Machineshop5. I dont think its Valves. I think all this action is all done by cam and drive rollers. being driven by a Motor.

Found this Thread with a Drawing of Tool Changer...might help you
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/daewo...c-problem.html

Ok. I Finally got back to this tool changer problem. I have noticed after more playing around. That it seems to be air pressure causing the problem. I would not have thought about this. Thanks machinehop5 for mentioning the air valves. Got me thinking.
    After checking the changer manually. It turned fine with no issues. The tight turning. Is a brake on the drive motor. I figured out I need to disable the brake before turning changer by hand.
    Any way what I have noticed is when I turn the air off. No tool in spindle. Tool change runs it cycle fine with no alarms. Now I add air, still no tool in spindle and it alarms out after a few tool changes. I dropped pressure to machine to 50psi and the changer runs much better. But I dont think this should be right.
    I found a ckd AB31-02-5 02G air valve on a small air tank going to tool clamp/unclamp. I took the valve apart. It wasn't very dirty. I changed the o rings. Put back together. But still the same issue.
    Any ideas?

Ps I'll see if I can ad pictures of the valve and the to alarms I get when this happens.

Also there is this Ckd pressure switch, the last picture with the green ckd face. That I'm not sure about?

Thanks guys!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Finally got around to working on the machine again. thought id post an update. Hope it helps someone out in the future. I changed out the Pressure switch in the bottom Picture, and put a New F.R.L. Filter Regulator Lubricator on cause the old one was leaking oil. Tried a few tool changes and it got Hung up on the Second one. Luckily this time as odd as it sounds, got hung up pretty good and I had trouble getting the Tool Changer arm to Move back out of the Spindle. so I tried to manualy remove the tool holder out of the The S arm on the back side where it was putting it into the POT.

Long story Short. The Plunger that holds the tool in the S arm was getting hung up on one side.It wouldn't retract all the way back. So i pulled both sides apart Cleaned them up good, re greased them and aligned them back up and put back together. Problem Solved! I ran about 20 tool changes and No alarm so far.

Must have been causing Pressure and Causing the machine to set off those alarms.