584,857 active members*
4,670 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > lathe c-axis toolpaths

Hybrid View

lathe c-axis toolpaths

Hi, anybody running lathes with live tooling from Mastercam. Issues with posts, CAM ability etc.??

Especially on Leadwell (Siemens control), Haas and Okuma

I've done some custom posts for Mastercam, can you be a little more specific with your issues?

must be daft programming and running the machie r u for real?

edward12 what do u mean?

Edmaster , I have many using Mastercam for C-axis with those machines.
    We have in are office the Haas with Y & C axis.
    What version are you running of MC have you talked with your dealer about these issue? By the way what are the issues?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Hi cadcam, we are running x2 mill level3. Dealer says no problem with the posts, but you always hear roomers of people strugling. So I'm testing the water before we get in. Can u get posts for c-axis or do u have to customize?

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster View Post
    Hi cadcam, we are running x2 mill level3. Dealer says no problem with the posts, but you always hear roomers of people strugling. So I'm testing the water before we get in. Can u get posts for c-axis or do u have to customize?
    Well when you install there is a C axis machine with post in there, now some machines need a little tweaking as the control is a little diffrent.

But once you install you do have ne.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Is this a free or fee service you are offering?

Quote Originally Posted by MicroMill View Post
    Is this a free or fee service you are offering?
    are you asking me if I am looking to help him for a fee?
    If so NO even thow this is what i do for a living is a Mastercam Tech support guy.
    Cadcam

I also found mostly people strugle because of their own stupidity.

I will do it for a fee if you want to pay one I also do this for a living! I also help people here mostly for free but if it gets involved time is money where I work too and it took many years to learn this stuff. by the way Keep an eye out for up and coming E books of Mastercam training videos, also taking requests for stuff you might like to see as far as training material on video.
    Please Let me know if you can't get what you are looking for with thw c axis post, CadCam is the Mastercam man here, he should be able to help you with this. Here is some free videos on the blog link.
    http://cad2cam.blogspot.com/
    www.cad2cam.net
    Programmer/ Certified Cam Instructor

Hi all u guys, thanks a lot for all the info. I will maybe ask more specific questions when I get there.

I read a lot of the threads and pickup the same names sharing a lot of free info and that is much appreciated!!

Maybe one day I will know enough to give something back.

I've just heard that people get stuck with c-axis posts and we are looking to get a lathe with a c-axis and the best CAM to run it with. I don't have specifics yet.